Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 tj 4" lift 1". Transfer case drop I have a little drive line vibration I just ordered adjustable rear(upper) arms . With that said is the pinion angle on the rear to be adjusted to about 2 degrees lower on the rear than on the transfer case side to allow for proper alignment when I accelerate I don't have an SYE. Any input would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
My understanding is that you want the rear to be in-line with the drive shaft. This is something I will be doing as well in the near future, and when I do mine, it will be set in-line on the rear.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've found it best to have the pinion point directly at the output shaft of the tcase. When power is appllied the pinion will pull up and be in alignment with the shaft which is where you wAnt it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
"""""about 2 degrees lower on the rear than on the transfer case side to allow for proper alignment when I accelerate """""

That's a rumor. If your rear diff is loose and ready to fall out, it may be true. But it's for LEAF SPRING, not coils.

Unless you have a CV pointing it at the t-case will give more vibrations.
Measure the angle of the output shaft on the T-case point the pinion angle the same way.

If the DS bends 3 degrees at the T-case, it should bend the opposite way 3 degrees at the pinion.

Go to the Tom Wood Driveshaft site - he gives drawings and explanations at to why.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rrich thanks that's a very helpful link I adjusted it today it's better but still has a little vib at 70. I think my next purchase will be sye and Carden joint shaft

1 - 5 of 5 Posts