Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,757 Posts
At the very least you will need to have adjustable upper control arms. Adjustable uppers and lowers would be preferred.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I would suggest Nth Degree uppers. They are adjustable ON the vehicle. Makes life a whole lot easier.
they are adjustable ON the TJ...?
i never heard about these control arms. where can i order them?

how easy is it to adjust the right/left contorl arms to the same lenght? is it a problem if there is a very small difference?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,853 Posts
how do you set the pinion angle i just got at cv drive shaft and sye i have a 4in rough country lift
to better answer your question you need to set the pinion angle down roughly 2 degrees below the drive shaft. That will allow for the bushings to flex and stay away from vibes. I use a dial indicator and place it on the pinion housing and along the body of the drive shaft.

·
Knows a couple things...
50,152 Posts
It's easy to get the left and right side control arms the same length, either measure them or easier yet, just spin them out the exact same number of turns.

Set the pinion angle no more than 1-2 degrees under that of the driveshaft as shown in the below diagram. Under no circumstance should the pinion shaft angle point above the driveshaft even a single degree. :)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
x2 ... for link suspensions optimal angle is to point the pinion at the tcase output ....

for leaf suspensions, slightly lower than the afforementioned is where you want it to be (leaf springs wrap under hard acceleration , this lee-way allows for proper angle when you need it most i.e. heavy right foot.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.