Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the pinion spline count (NOT the axle count) is on a Sport with the D44 and D30 combo? Northridge shows two options 24 and 26 when looking at new gears and I can't seem to find anything anywhere about the pinion spline count. Axle count is all over the place but that doesn't help :(

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know? I tried to look on Quadratec but they just list gears when you tell it your vehicle and not the spline count on the pinion.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
What are you looking at that needs to know ? Link?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you looking at that needs to know ? Link?

Gears on northridge 4x4 when I put my Jeep in as the vehicle it shows both 24 and 26 spline pinions and ring sets for both axles.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
I put in a 2012 Sport and don't see what you are seeing?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put in a 2012 Sport and don't see what you are seeing?
After putting the Jeep in and choosing "drivetrain, ring & pinion" and then setting options for 4.56 and Dana 30 for example I get this listing

https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/drivetrain/differentials/ring-pinions?filter%5Buniversal%5D=no&filter%5Bspec%5D%5BRatio%5D=4.56&filter%5Bspec%5D%5BAxle+Type%5D=Dana+30

The Ten Factory is one count, the Dana brand is another. Then there's the same problem if I choose the 44. The Yukon and Motive for example right at the start.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/drivetrain/differentials/ring-pinions?filter%5Buniversal%5D=no&filter%5Bspec%5D%5BRatio%5D=4.56&filter%5Bspec%5D%5BAxle+Type%5D=Dana+44&filter%5Bspec%5D%5BLocation%5D=Rear

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The JK has 24. The TJ/LG has 26. You need the JK parts.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks yeah it's confusing because northridge showed both for my vehicle and labelled both as JK items in the title

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

Thanks yeah it's confusing because northridge showed both for my vehicle and labelled both as JK items in the title

I've noticed that at on a lot of sites. Not sure why they do it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've noticed that at on a lot of sites. Not sure why they do it.
Yeah it doesn't help that like 99% of the Google searching I did just turned up threads about the axle spline count and the ones that are for the pinion spline count are all people asking but not getting answers.

·
Vendor
1,208 Posts
Sorry for just seeing this post. Carlton_Banks is correct. The JK has 24 spline pinions front and rear. I'm going to get with our web team to get those parts corrected to avoid any future confusion!

I apologize for the confusion this caused you, but I'm glad it got brought up and we can get it sorted!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for just seeing this post. Carlton_Banks is correct. The JK has 24 spline pinions front and rear. I'm going to get with our web team to get those parts corrected to avoid any future confusion!

I apologize for the confusion this caused you, but I'm glad it got brought up and we can get it sorted!

Thanks!
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts