Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the shop install my 4100NEX along with Kicker speakers all around, with a 12' sub in the rear and a 5 channel Kicker amp. I'm not sure how this all works but I was trying to do some adjustments and tried to separate the soundbar, from the front speakers, from the sub in the trunk area.

I realized that they have the soundbar and front speakers all controlled as one zone, while the sub is on a second zone. So on the screen everything above the line is soundbar and front speakers, while everything below the line is the sub only.

I would like to be able to control the front as one zone, the soundbar as another zone, and the sub as another - is this possible? And would it require me to bring it back to the shop or can this be easily done at the amp?

Or perhaps I should have the front on one zone, and the soundbar and sub on another zone since I can increase the sub with the little booster knob that comes with the 4100.

Thank for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Did your rig come with the Infinity system? or?

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Is that a powered subwoofer? Do you have an external amplifier for the full-range speakers?

If not page 67 of the manual has the internal amplifiers of the radio used to drive the subwoofer. The installer installed it as Pioneer designed.

There are four 14W amplifiers internal to the radio. The installer is using two of them to drive your four full-range speakers with 7 watts for each speaker and two of the amplifiers working together to drive the subwoofer with 28 watts. That's not a lot of power but likely good enough for casual listening.

A step-up would be to have an installer put in a subwoofer amplifier and move those two amplifiers to the soundbar. There's lots of benefits to that - the front and rear speakers and the subwoofer would sound both better and louder.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a powered subwoofer? Do you have an external amplifier for the full-range speakers?

If not page 67 of the manual has the internal amplifiers of the radio used to drive the subwoofer. The installer installed it as Pioneer designed.

There are four 14W amplifiers internal to the radio. The installer is using two of them to drive your four full-range speakers with 7 watts for each speaker and two of the amplifiers working together to drive the subwoofer with 28 watts. That's not a lot of power but likely good enough for casual listening.

A step-up would be to have an installer put in a subwoofer amplifier and move those two amplifiers to the soundbar. There's lots of benefits to that - the front and rear speakers and the subwoofer would sound both better and louder.
Thanks Paul, that's good information, I'll check out page 67 to see if I can make head or tails of the setup, but I did have a Kicker 40KX800 amp installed with the system. I'm just not all that familiar with stereo systems so I didn't want to mess with anything until I know more about the setup. There is a 12" Kicker subwoofer in the rear that is not powered on its own so it is powered by the Kicker 40KX800.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
OK good news on the external power amp. I just realized I was looking at the manual for the 4000NEX ... not the 4100NEW, Regardless there are sets of line level outputs using RCA connectors which will match your amp's inputs. The five channel amp also has inputs for your front and rear speakers so you've got a pretty good system.

The diagram shows three outputs - front, rear, and subwoofer but has two zones. The subwoofer ought to be controlled in the software with its own gain control.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK good news on the external power amp. I just realized I was looking at the manual for the 4000NEX ... not the 4100NEW, Regardless there are sets of line level outputs using RCA connectors which will match your amp's inputs. The five channel amp also has inputs for your front and rear speakers so you've got a pretty good system.

The diagram shows three outputs - front, rear, and subwoofer but has two zones. The subwoofer ought to be controlled in the software with its own gain control.
Thanks Paul, I'm going to take a look at the amp next weekend to see what I can figure out. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts