Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have some questions regarding my head unit from time to time and i'm sure others feel the same.

Regarding my 6200nex and iPhone, how do I stop Pandora from automatically connecting every time i start up the unit? Usually my music on the iPhone will start and then will be interrupted by Pandora. I have to manually force quit Pandora.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I always have some questions regarding my head unit from time to time and i'm sure others feel the same.

Regarding my 6200nex and iPhone, how do I stop Pandora from automatically connecting every time i start up the unit? Usually my music on the iPhone will start and then will be interrupted by Pandora. I have to manually force quit Pandora.
In Pandora, go into Settings --> Advanced and disable Enable Automatic Launch

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
@dawhitesJKU, the only suggestion I've come across for Pandora on iPhone is to logout of the app until you are ready to use it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My Pandora with iPhone seem to connect randomly at startup. Sometimes it starts up automatically and sometimes it doesn't. No apparent rhyme of reason.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great idea @dawhitesJKU! Im happy to help as much as possible.

My setup:
AVIC-8100NEX
Pac CH411 (whatever the number is)
Pioneer GM-D1004 Amp
Kicker 8" hideaway
Kicker 6.5s

Again, great idea.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks guys. Pandora is just dedicated to my sons Disney/nursery rhyme songs. When i'm not with him, I just find it annoying as it will switch to Pandora most of the time. Perhaps they will fix that issue on the next update.
It's how the iPhone itself is designed. I don't know if Pandora can bypass this and is likely why you don't have the same setting Android users do. By default, the iPhone automatically starts to play music when connected via Bluetooth. So what happens, as you've seen, is that Music opens along with other music apps. Try keeping Pandora logged out, and see what happens.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU

·
Registered
375 Posts
You may also try just closing the app. It is running in the back round unless you double tap the home button then swipe the app up to close it out. You may not have to log out. I am going to try this also. I try to keep my running apps cleaned up so maybe that is why I seem to see it intermittently.

Reactions: jkudave

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh, and just for the record.

My setup:

AVIC-8200NEX
iDatalink Maestro RR
Sirius XM SVX300 Tuner
77Kick10 and 77Kick25 in soundbar
Kicker KS Series 3.5" Coax in upper dash
Stock 6.5" Speaker in lower dash

All tuned using the 8200's auto tune feature with the tuning mic.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot about the mic tuning @jkudave

my setup...
6200nex w/ PAC
Sirius tuner
6.5 morel maximo components
6.5 morel maximo coax
logix axp 1604 (200 x4 channel @4ohm)
oem 8" sub

I've been tuning and tuning my setup for the past 2 weeks almost on a daily basis. I forgot about the mic. since i'm headed to my audio shop this weekend, i'll see if they can fine tune it using the mic.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've been tuning and tuning my setup for the past 2 weeks almost on a daily basis. I forgot about the mic. since i'm headed to my audio shop this weekend, i'll see if they can fine tune it using the mic.
I actually did it myself. I have a mic from my Pioneer AV receiver that worked. The receiver uses the same technology as the NEX head units to tune home theater speakers. It works wonders. You can also buy the mic for about $20 on Amazon.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I actually did it myself. I have a mic from my Pioneer AV receiver that worked. The receiver uses the same technology as the NEX head units to tune home theater speakers. It works wonders. You can also buy the mic for about $20 on Amazon.
I had actually forgot about this. I might do this this weekend.

I might have an extra (I have two mics but one might for a yamaha receiver), so if both work with my NEX I could be willing to send one away.

·
Premium Member
8,389 Posts
I only seem to have this problem when I am connected via the USB port.

My set up:

AVIC-8200NEX
iDatalink Maestro RR
6.5 NVX coax + Stock Tweets
6.5 morel maximo coax
Stock amp
Kicker 8 inch sub

Still a work in progress

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Maybe this is covered in the manual but I haven't found it...

I just installed a Pio 4200NEX in my 2017 JK. It's a partial installation so far as my speakers should show up this week. So the dash is still apart in case I need to make changes.

Apple Car Play...I have an old iphone 4s. To make the car play apps work (like GPS apps) does my phone need to be physically connected to the head unit (via USB 1 or 2) or can this be done via bluetooth?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 330 Posts