I am a first time jeep owner and have very little off road time. I have 2012 wrangler unlimited freedom edition all stock. What are some things I need to know about going to the dunes
I copied this from another thread that I posted this in.Kota7x said:Some tips:
- Always go straight up and straight down a dune.
- When you get stuck, dont try and drive out or else you will just sink to the axles if anything try to back out of the potential hole.
- keep momentum, the more speed you keep going up a dune, the better off you are.
- Air down, dont go to 20lbs go to 11-13lbs, you need to spread out the tires.
- Dont make to tight of fast turns or you may loose a bead on the tires.
- Park on flat land or downhill.
- if you start scaling dunes, turn with the way the sand pushes you, do not turn into the push of the sand when you are sideways on a dune.
I dont think I left anything out. Have fun and be safe out there.
Very true. be sure to check the tide times and you have to have a flag to be out there.I copied this from another thread that I posted this in.
At pismo keep tour head swinging and looking for other people. There are too many people ob rentals that don't know how to ride so be careful.
I'm hoping that was taken awhile ago. If you were in town and didn't tell us it would be sad. We could have taken you out for a nice steak dinner at Jocko'sDon't forget to take some glamor shots of your Jeep on the beach while you're there.