Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a dropped pittman arm after i lifted my jeep and i heard that if it was replaced back to stock bump steer would become less of a factor. I ordered my new no drop pittman arm (Part #: CRO52038337) from 4wd.com and installed it. After the install i needed to align the steering wheel. so i had the tires straight and put the steering wheel to center thinking i would adjust the linkage to match. As i adjusted the tie rod it was eventually maxed out without my steering wheel able to be centered. as i looked at my aftermarket replacement(don't know where the origional is) i notice the 4 guides inside of the pitman arm are angled differently on the dropped pittman arm. basically it puts the pittman arm to the right instead of the left and give me PLENTY of adjustment. my question is are the tj and yj pittman arms different in those respects? when you look at the picture on 4wd it clearly shows it slightly to the right if the grooves are centered. does anyone know if the yj is slightly to the left so i can get a new one from 4wd because they may have put the wrong one in the bag??? thanks.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
It's possible. I know that there is some kind of difference between YJ arms with or without power steering.

When you adjusted the turn buckle on the draglink to center the wheel, did you turn it the correct way?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Bumpsteer for dropped pitman arms are usually for TJs, not YJs, did you get a 4" lift for a YJ? if so you do want the Pitman arm. Speaking of which i need to rotate my tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts