Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some visor decals to cover up the warning stickers from Pixel Decals. Are these applied just like the others, clean the visor with alcohol, spray a little soapy water, apply, smooth and wait to peel the backing off?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I ordered from pixel decals about 2 weeks ago... Still waiting for my order.

I hope the quality is with the wait.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered from pixel decals about 2 weeks ago... Still waiting for my order.

I hope the quality is with the wait.
It took a couple of weeks to get the shipping notice. They cut them in batches so I suppose it depends on how close you order to the cutting date.

They look nice on the backing. I'm going to install today once I get off my butt. I'll post a picture or two.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got them installed. I'm not entirely happy. They are too short. The width is fine, about 3/16th of an inch extra on either side of the warning decal. The length is perfect or maybe a hair short. Great, I suppose, if you can line up the decal perfectly but that's easier said than done. I was left with white decal peeking out. I went over it with Sharpie.

That's fine but the problem is the decals are shiny. They are black but they reflect as much light into your eyes as the white ones did. They might be worse. They look black straight on but sitting at the near horizontal angle when folded up, they give off a nice glare.

I'd probably have been better off plasti dipping or bedlining the visors. maybe I can scuff them a bit with 200 grit or scouring pads.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I just got them installed. I'm not entirely happy. They are too short. The width is fine, about 3/16th of an inch extra on either side of the warning decal. The length is perfect or maybe a hair short. Great, I suppose, if you can line up the decal perfectly but that's easier said than done. I was left with white decal peeking out. I went over it with Sharpie. That's fine but the problem is the decals are shiny. They are black but they reflect as much light into your eyes as the white ones did. They might be worse. They look black straight on but sitting at the near horizontal angle when folded up, they give off a nice glare. I'd probably have been better off plasti dipping or bedlining the visors. maybe I can scuff them a bit with 200 grit or scouring pads.
I've had some for a while now but had him custom make a design on them so it's not all black. I agree-- they are shiny and it bothered me at first. After a few days, it stopped grabbing my eyes. I'd give it a few days and see if you adjust before scuffing them.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll do that. I probably won't notice them after a bit, it's just now I was expecting a duller finish.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just got them installed. I'm not entirely happy. They are too short. The width is fine, about 3/16th of an inch extra on either side of the warning decal. The length is perfect or maybe a hair short. Great, I suppose, if you can line up the decal perfectly but that's easier said than done. I was left with white decal peeking out. I went over it with Sharpie.
Mine are the same way. I got my passenger side on (after about 30 attempts) and covering everything, but my driver's had about a mm of white on one side peeking out that I had to cover with a sharpie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts