Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know tons of people have had great service from them. Someone posted a few days ago they ordered and received in less than 2 weeks. That's the reason I ordered from them and their commitment to the Jeeping community.

Growing weary of companies not communicating effectively BEFORE you choose to do business with them.

Reactions: atxatxatx

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I know tons of people have had great service from them. Someone posted a few days ago they ordered and received in less than 2 weeks. That's the reason I ordered from them and their commitment to the Jeeping community.

Growing weary of companies not communicating effectively BEFORE you choose to do business with them.
The set I ordered for my jeep came in about 2 weeks after order. The set for my wife's jeep took about 3-1/2 weeks.
I think they are made to order. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reactions: BOSSTANK

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not worried. It has become a trend with companies not delivering within a window.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Pixel Decal does great work but not fast. If you're looking for someone who can ship almost same day check out Jeep Decal Depot. I have been very happy with his work and pricing as well and I see them a couple days later.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

I had the same experience.

I placed my order on June 14th. I received a notification via paypal on the same day, that they received my payment for the order. No other communications from them, confirming they received the order.

July 17th, and I still did not receive my order, so I contacted them, because I wasn't sure if they even received the order. Received the following response the next day.

pixeldecals.com said:
I apologize for the delay. I am running behind on this batch of orders but expect to ship tomorrow.
Order shipped notification received on July 20th.

Order delivered on July 24th.

I ordered a replacement set of OEM Sahara side mountain decals, just different color than stock. I will likely avoid pixeldecals.com in the future. There were other alternatives I could have gone with but went with pixel due to forum recommendations. I was under whealmed with the purchase experience to say the least. Just under 6 weeks to receive replacement Sahara decals.

In comparison, on the same day I placed my order with pixeldecal, I also ordered a custom Dune flag from Devil Woman flags.

Devil Woman Flags Bike Flags, ATV Flags (powered by CubeCart)

As soon as I placed the order, I received this message from Devil Woman Flags.

DWflags said:
Hi! THANK YOU for purchasing a custom flag! I really appreciate your business!!! Here is a quick recap just to make sure I understand exactly what you want on your new flag....

Orange Flag- Jeep logo in black. Adjust sleeve for 1/2" whip.

If I got anything wrong or you would like to change something, just let me know. It’s just me that makes all the flags and I am super backed up on orders at the moment. I’ve taken in a lot of orders recently. But I’m not complaining! Your new flag probably won’t be ready to go out until this time next week (ie June 21st). If you need your flag by a certain date, please let me know and I will try my best to get it to you in time. If you would like to cancel your order, I will completely understand. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. Once again THANK YOU!

:) DW Flags (Barbara)
I received my hand made custom dune flag on June 30th.

So two very similar situations, both orders made on the same day. Two very different experiences in communicating with a customer. If I need another custom Dune flag, I know where I'll be ordering from and recommending to anyone else. If I need custom replacment OEM style decals, I'll be looking elsewhere and avoid recommending pixeldecal.com.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have ordered from Pixel before. He was in Moab, so my order took longer, but that was also stated on the website. I emailed him, and he gave me a date. They showed up earlier than he stated.

The decals look amazing. He does good work.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will def get your order , I've ordered through them several times and the windows can be different . I believe they do orders when they get so many , not just one at a time. I could be wrong but I think they mention that in their site
That's correct. It states "usually arrives within 2 weeks of order". Now at 3 and have not received product, an email telling me they are in production, suck a bag of dycks, nothing.

JeepDecalDepot looks to have gone out of business. Both their website and Facebook page are offline.

I'll do what I should have done. Look locally next time. 'Til then... I'll continue waiting and update when they arrive.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
That's correct. It states "usually arrives within 2 weeks of order". Now at 3 and have not received product, an email telling me they are in production, suck a bag of dycks, nothing.

JeepDecalDepot looks to have gone out of business. Both their website and Facebook page are offline.

I'll do what I should have done. Look locally next time. 'Til then... I'll continue waiting and update when they arrive.
Most say they receive their orders within 3 weeks. Mine took just under 6 weeks. So, based on my recent experience you have a little over 2 weeks to wait where you shouldn't expect to receive any kind of notifications until it ships.

There's multiple decal vendors on Amazon and ebay if you can't find some place local. At least there you can let everyone else know if it took forever to receive your order.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kinda what it looks like. I refuse to email them. Its pointless. They know they are running behind and clearly, don't give two (insert favorite curse word here). If it was in production on Friday, it means they took the weekend off to do... whatever, instead of worrying about their business and customers.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
You may have answered this and I just missed it, is this a custom order or just a typical (like a Flag) order?

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
Be patient... they will show up.

I had shot an email when waiting for mine to show up (coming up on 3-week mark).I just ask if I had been forgot about. Ordered on so and so date.. their reply was no.

The 3 pair of awesome decals showed up 2 or 3 days later.

Yes, waiting can suck. But do not let that get to ya. It's worth it IMO.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Kinda what it looks like. I refuse to email them. Its pointless. They know they are running behind and clearly, don't give two (insert favorite curse word here). If it was in production on Friday, it means they took the weekend off to do... whatever, instead of worrying about their business and customers.
I felt the same way. 1 month of not hearing (insert favorite curse word here) from them, I was also reluctant to send an email but 4 weeks was my tipping point. Kind of like how 3 weeks was your tipping point of making this post in the forum. :D I was getting ready to place the order with someone else and then contact Paypal to retract my payment to pixel.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
You may have answered this and I just missed it, is this a custom order or just a typical (like a Flag) order?
(insert favorite curse word) 6 weeks from order to delivery on my OEM style Sahara side decals. It doesn't seem to matter.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I just ordered some Jeep decals from Ebay the past Friday and they said they were shipped today and should be here by Saturday. I really expect sooner because the company is a city away from me. Need the decal to put on my bug deflector as Mopar no longer provides the decal which sucks. They embossed the bug deflector for it put no longer provide the decal. Although, their pictures still show the decals. My original had the decal but it is all scratched up, so I wanted to replace it after painting my hood and drivers door.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pretty sure they make stuff in batches, so they want to have more than one of something to make. I've gotten visors stickers from them, took a little over a month I think.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah I ordered a pair of silver American flag decals on 7-21 and still patiently waiting.

I knew they would not ship quick and I was not in a rush to get them. If I had wanted them sooner, I would have purchased somewhere else. Would I have liked to get them in a few days? Sure, but I knew their reputation and thought I would give them a shot. This was probably my last shot honestly.

As long as people continue to accept their way of doing business, things will not change.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Not worried. It has become a trend with companies not delivering within a window.

Excellent product, but they are not the right place for someone in a hurry. I can tell you story-after-story, perhaps more than 100 stories, about long delays in firearms and parts from a gamut of very reputable manufacturers and distributors. I recently received two cans that I waited on for over a year, so my perspective is a little skewed. My Shrockworks rock sliders took about 10 weeks to get and they are a very good company. I hear one can get an entire Jeep in less time.

Reactions: Ang

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Yeah I ordered a pair of silver American flag decals on 7-21 and still patiently waiting.

I knew they would not ship quick and I was not in a rush to get them. If I had wanted them sooner, I would have purchased somewhere else. Would I have liked to get them in a few days? Sure, but I knew their reputation and thought I would give them a shot. This was probably my last shot honestly.

As long as people continue to accept their way of doing business, things will not change.
I was expecting 3 weeks from order to delivery based upon other's experience.

One of the things that got me miffed is that when you place an order, you don't receive any email confirmation that they received your order, and then you're left in the dark wondering if they even received your order, while waiting for what seems like forever.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm always doing projects on my Jeep. When I start one project, then I like to focus on that, wrap it up, clean up the mess, put away all the tools and then move onto the next project.

In regards to the decals, the project I was working on was body work detailing. So I've got my buffing wheels out, I'm wheeling out scratches, PDRing dings, touching up paint chips, buffing and waxing. Part of that project was to replace my OEM decals that were now faded and cracking. So 2 weeks after my order, I kick off that project, expecting the decals to arrive within the week or so by the time I've got the scratches out and all the other detailing about completed, I could finish it off by pulling off the old decals and replace. After 5 weeks of waiting, I gave up, put all those tools away, and moved onto my next project which was working on my onboard air. Finished that and started working on a heater related problem that I was having during the winter. So then as week 6 approaches, my decals finally arrive while I'm in the middle of another project, and now that the decals have finally arrived, they will have to sit there and wait until my current project is finished. Then I'll have to go back, pull out a lot of the tools I put away which are a totally different set of tools than I'm working with on my current project, so I can now go back and do the decals.

So yeah....this type of business where they do them in batches and make them at their convenience, ends up being an inconvenience to me in return. I wasn't in a rush to get them. I had just planned a project around when I should have expected to get them and that didn't happen, and I needed to reach out to them to find out what was going on with my order and find out when I should expect to receive it. This was my 1st and last shot, if that's how they operate. Bush league business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was not a custom order, and it took over 4 weeks. It tested my patience, but I survived:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts