Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a set of pizza cutters to mount on my original stock 17" sport rims for winter driving. My Jeep is lifted and flat fendered so I need a taller tire equivalent to a 35" tall tire. This is where I mostly need help. What size tires are out there in the Pizza cutter world that is roughly 35" tall? I have found a lot around the 33" height but nothing taller.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
This will make little noise, but then again, not many pizza cutter options in that size :), but check the Interco tires
Super Swamper SSR-42r in 35x10.5x17
or Super Swamper LTB-09 34x10.50x17

·
Registered
725 Posts
285/75/17 BFG AT's. They are new as of 2019 but are load range E. Almost as tall as their 315's but without the width.
Be careful not to confuse these with a 285/70/17. Those are considerably shorter yet wider. They are more widely available in different brands and load ranges.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
This will make little noise, but then again, not many pizza cutter options in that size :), but check the Interco tires
Super Swamper SSR-42r in 35x10.5x17
or Super Swamper LTB-09 34x10.50x17
The trade off isn’t worth it though, assuming he wants skinnier tires for improved snow/ice traction, the swampers are a poor option for that!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Kenda’s today. I’ll find out next week what‘s the what. I’m sure I’ll love them because my current tires are so wasted, rubber bands would be better...

·
Registered
725 Posts
What is the width of those Kendas you ordered?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think they are 10.5”
yep - just a head's up, I ran with 1.5" spacers because the rear rubbed the control arm with stock wheels. I ordered a set of solid aluminum from Amazon and have a few thousand miles with no issues. Just be sure to remove the retaining tabs on the rotor so you have flat to flat parts and install as directed. I think you are going to love them. On the mountain trails around Virginia, the height while still being 'skinny' has been an advantage in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts