Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Sahara 2dr, with a white hardtop. Fully loaded.

I know.....most of you won't like it, but it's for my wife. It's exactly what she wants. It'll be a street cruiser.....maybe hit the beach now and then, but mostly to the supermarket or gym....or roadtrip to the mountains. I'll get to do a little offroading then, but I'll have to be nice to it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!! The Sahara's a good Jeep and you're going to love it!!

Try to stay away from modifying it. I've only had mine a week and a half and I'm addicted. First the gas cover...now the cargo nets from Raingler...who knows what'll be next! Stay away. It's addicting and fun!!!!

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it! Yah, my wife talks about getting her own Jeep sometimes, and if she does it'll be a mall crawler, hardtop, leather, probably a 4-door Sahara with all available luxuries. She likes Jeeps, but doesn't dig offroading.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to get her to go with a 4dr....no luck. We drove a Sahara today.....feels like a big improvement even since 07

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got the 4 dr because I have three kids to tote. It's more spacious than the new and 4Runner(due to their bucket seat design) and there is a ton of space in the back when they're piled in. So the 5 of us and the dog and a few other things can fit easily! Speaking of the dog...Just picked up the Raingler Cargo nets off of Jimbo's recommendation. Can't wait til they arrive!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Congratulations! In the other thread you mentioned it will have different wheels. What wheels are you getting?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daggo....It comes with painted Sahara wheels, but I've just ordered some machined Sahara wheels from a '10 take-off. Will get a set of Michelin LTX MS blackwalls to go with them. Can't stand the white-letter crap. I know.....most of the guys here prefer blacked out wheels.....we just like the "stock" look....only nicer.

BlackMt....I went with the local dealer. I paid about $700 more than I could have gotten elsewhere, but I've been aggravating this local guy pretty good lately. I would have been embarrased to buy elsewhere....even to save a few bucks. Got it at invoice plus a $500 "doc fee".

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:zap: Congrads, but

White Sahara 2dr, with a white hardtop. Fully loaded.

I know.....most of you won't like it, but it's for my wife. It's exactly what she wants. It'll be a street cruiser.....maybe hit the beach now and then, but mostly to the supermarket or ---(gym)---....or roadtrip to the mountains. I'll get to do a little offroading then, but I'll have to be nice to it.
If you're gonna start taking your wifes jeep to the GYM--we'll need another sticky-for

-------------------------JK-Steroids (JKS)-----------------------------

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL....I know! I tried to tell her, but she was determined. I've got my Rubitrux though, so I feel redeemed.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Daggo....It comes with painted Sahara wheels, but I've just ordered some machined Sahara wheels from a '10 take-off. Will get a set of Michelin LTX MS blackwalls to go with them. Can't stand the white-letter crap. I know.....most of the guys here prefer blacked out wheels.....we just like the "stock" look....only nicer.

BlackMt....I went with the local dealer. I paid about $700 more than I could have gotten elsewhere, but I've been aggravating this local guy pretty good lately. I would have been embarrased to buy elsewhere....even to save a few bucks. Got it at invoice plus a $500 "doc fee".
I thought only the Rubicon Moabs were machined finish, are you positive?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes....The '10s were machined...at least some of em were. I think they look MUCH nicer than painted. Even the Rubis this year aren't machined. Not sure why they went that way. ??

The dealer has offered to buy my stock wheels/tires for $1K...and give me a set of TPMS for my new ones. The new wheels are $550 shipped.....the new Michelins are $1150.....so for $700 I'll have the purty wheels and good tires. :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I agree. I sold my X Moabs and bought the Rubicon machined Moabs. The new ones have the Mountain Graphite painted finish.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got machined Moabs on my Rubitrux. Bought em as takeoffs from a '10 Rubicon. So much difference.....so much better than painted.

Got Michelin's on that one too.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Even the Rubis this year aren't machined. Not sure why they went that way. ??
Probably because painting them is cheaper than finishing them......

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Are you running adapters to account for the different bolt pattern?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes....And the original ones that were on it caused major DeathWobble. After several different places trying several different things, we finally decided that it was the spacer/adapters that were causing the problem. I replaced them with Spidertrax hub-centric ones, and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Joel. I know most people aren't gonna like it, but it's what she HAS to have. I'll be ok with it, but I tried to get her to at least have a regular top. No dice. I've also mentioned the grill-job like you have. I think it would probably look good with all that white....and I do like it on yours.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks, Joel. I know most people aren't gonna like it, but it's what she HAS to have. I'll be ok with it, but I tried to get her to at least have a regular top. No dice. I've also mentioned the grill-job like you have. I think it would probably look good with all that white....and I do like it on yours.
Thanks...be sure to post some pics when you get her....

I really do like "all white" like that, tell the wife that at least one old Jeep guy thinks she has great taste!!:blunt:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts