Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
a buddy of mine (fellow jeeper) and I are planning a wheeling trip on Old Mojave Road. Does anyone know if you can travel the road West to East as opposed to East to West? Is it one way only? This wont be until late may early June. any help in planning will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did it both ways in the early 1990s. Not one way then and I'd be shocked if it was one way now. Plenty of places for 2 jeeps to pass. At that time the Friends of the Mojave Road guide book documented it east to west.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool, because i have the California Offroad Book by FunTreks and they document it as three separate trails starting east to west. west to east is much easier for me and my buddy to do. thanks for the info LowrangeVA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ok cool, because i have the California Offroad Book by FunTreks and they document it as three separate trails starting east to west. west to east is much easier for me and my buddy to do. thanks for the info LowrangeVA.
No prob. Here is a group of us on the eastern end headed west in 1990.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
We are doing it in a little over two weeks from West to East. Also not sure if it will still be closed but one area is closed due to erosion so there is a 14 mile detour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts