Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to make plans no to go to Easter Jeep Safari 2018. I'm looking for advice, list of must do trails, meet ups or trail rides to join, basically anything about the trip that are must do's at EJS.

I've got a built TJ locked on 35s, and my brother has a built 2dr JK rubi on 37s. Both jeeps are geared, locked, tube fenders, sliders, both of us have Chromos front and rear etc... we will push them to their limits aren't afraid of hard trails.

We are picking up a 2 car 5th wheel enclosed trailer this weekend to start converting into an RV in the front and tow both Jeeps out from NC.

Who else is going in the spring?

Reactions: steves92

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I was on the bubble for that trip and still want to but ended up signing up for the Rubicon again. It’s on my list but I’m sure it will be awesome! Sounds like you are well equipped and shouldn’t have any problems? I don’t have a trailer and it’s almost 1000 miles for me so that’s part of the reason I passed on it. Have fun!

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill be there.
I just looked through your build, looks like you've got a really well put together jeep! I'd love to meet up with some other people to wheel with out there in smaller groups with other capable rigs. I imagine the actual EJS trail rides get pretty crowded and could take a while to get trails done, but I don't know since I've never been.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am going to 2018 EJS as well.
I have never been before either and its about an 1100 mile trip for me. Planning to stay for ten days and hoping to have some fun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Absolutely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
we're going and we would be interested in meeting up one day.
I've been to Moab on average close to 2 times a year since 2011.
Only want to do one or two trails with the actual EJS event. Crowds are going to be crazy and like one said a 3-4 hr trail will be 7-8 hrs. but I do want to experience at least one trail with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'm thinking of doing only 2 or 3 actual EJS scheduled rides. I'm planning to get to Moab 3-24, leaving to start the drive home 3-31

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where is everyone staying? I reserved an RV on airbnb that's already all setup in the area of Spanish Valley at Funstays rv park. Only place i could find to go with a truck, 2 car trailer, 2 jeeps and 4 guys, but it looks nice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am staying in town at the Moab Valley Inn who said they have a lot of trailer parking out back. Hope its true as I am certainly not driving my Jeep 17 hours on 42" tires. lol
Was going to book a few trails with EJS as was heading down solo but if a few of us are meeting up would go roaming with y'all.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I am staying in town at the Moab Valley Inn who said they have a lot of trailer parking out back. Hope its true
You might want to check Moab Valley Inn on Google Earth. They have adequate parking but I'm not sure I would say they have "a lot" of trailer parking....at least for connected trailers. You should be able to park the trailer in a regular stall and the tow vehicle next to it though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Last April (when the prices were still lower) we rented a house by the golf course.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok I will have a look since I have a CC LB truck with a 20’ trailer I need a bit of space to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
sign up starts tomorrow.. our group has two days planned with the EJS event and the others are either jeeping on our own and a few days of hiking and or golf.

Does anyone want to meet up on Sunday or Weds and run a trail?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think their web site was overwhelmed as it crashed soon after registration opened

1 - 20 of 92 Posts