Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am going to be in Moab from March 12th to 19th, driving my Jeep from Atlanta to Moab. Leaving on the 9th and plan to arrive in Moab on the 12th. If anyone is going to EJS early and want to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pritchett, Moab Rim, Cliffhanger, Poison Spider, Gold Bar Rim, Rusty Nail, Golden Spike, and Kane Creek would be my recommendations.

Chris

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Taking "recommendations" on the internet can get you in serious trouble real fast in Moab. Do your homework. Check the Wells book and the Red Rock 4-Wheelers website for trail descriptions and ratings before you go. Most of the trails in the above post are not for the inexperienced...at least not without an experienced and knowledgeable guide

·
Registered
34 Posts
Taking "recommendations" on the internet can get you in serious trouble real fast in Moab. Do your homework. Check the Wells book and the Red Rock 4-Wheelers website for trail descriptions and ratings before you go. Most of the trails in the above post are not for the inexperienced...at least not without an experienced and knowledgeable guide
Very true...sorry my post should have said your rigs are more than capable of conquering those trails if you're up to it. Nearly every trail is awesome in Moab, truly.

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I appreciate the suggestions. I've been doing my research, have the Wells book and read over the descriptions at rr4w page. Just looking for opinions on some must see and must do trails. A lot mentioned are ones I'm planning on, Pritchett and cliffhanger are on my list if I meet-up with a group that has done them before. I love challenges and pushing my jeep, but don't want tI do it with only 2 rigs on those trails. Especially if there's any problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Two weeks from today I hit the road from NC!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have to head out in a week and the Jeep still isn’t ready. Nothing like waiting for the last weekend to finish up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
I have to head out in a week and the Jeep still isn’t ready. Nothing like waiting for the last weekend to finish up

As I recall, we picked up our Jeep from the shop (gears and front axle swap) on Wednesday, drove it to work two days to break in the gears, changed the diff oil Friday night, then left for Moab Sat morning on a two week road trip.
It reminded me of the old days racing motorcycles. It always seems to only come together last minute....

·
Registered
681 Posts
As I recall, we picked up our Jeep from the shop (gears and front axle swap) on Wednesday, drove it to work two days to break in the gears, changed the diff oil Friday night, then left for Moab Sat morning on a two week road trip.

It reminded me of the old days racing motorcycles. It always seems to only come together last minute....

Cutting it close. I always thought they recommended breaking in new gears for like hundreds of miles before off-roading.
One week to Moab. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Two weeks from today I hit the road from NC!!
Ya wow it came fast it seems, particularly as my Jeep isn't quite back together yet. I hit the road on Wednesday to Moab as I have a long ass drive.
Is the Trifecta run for Wednesday the 28th still on?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ya wow it came fast it seems, particularly as my Jeep isn't quite back together yet. I hit the road on Wednesday to Moab as I have a long ass drive.

Still a go.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Still a go.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
Cutting it close. I always thought they recommended breaking in new gears for like hundreds of miles before off-roading.
One week to Moab. Can’t wait.

They do. But even without the exhaustive break in our gears are fine (so far).
I got about 300 miles of break in, changed the gear oil, and they haven't been looked at since. I plan on changing the gear oil this spring, as soon as the weather is nice enough to work outside. I have a garage, but it is full of motorcycles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I'm still down for the trifecta run on the 28th! I just finished everything I wanted to do to my jeep yesterday and we leave after work this Thursday the 22nd! 2200 miles and 36 hours later we hope to be there by Saturday morning!

Reactions: JKJeepit

·
Registered
681 Posts
We leave Friday. Should be there in 6.-7 HRs. Plan on playing golf Saturday if it’s not to windy. If not a hike maybe.

I’ll reach out to everyone this weekend and setup a meeting time and location for Wednesday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll be heading there solo from AZ after I attend a wedding in Las Vegas. If you see a JKUR Hard Rock with an Ursa Minor top that will be me!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm still down for the trifecta run on the 28th! I just finished everything I wanted to do to my jeep yesterday and we leave after work this Thursday the 22nd! 2200 miles and 36 hours later we hope to be there by Saturday morning!

That’s quite the drive!! I thought mine was bad at 1400 mile trip, but not so much anymore.
I will be there for the Wednesday run as well.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Does everyone have a CB if not what radio do you use if any?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Me and my brother both have CBs, I haven't used mine much in a while as none of my friends have one anymore so I don't know what kind of range I have but worst case I'll grab a new antenna and cable at a truck stop on the way and it'll be like new again

·
Registered
681 Posts
Me and my brother both have CBs, I haven't used mine much in a while as none of my friends have one anymore so I don't know what kind of range I have but worst case I'll grab a new antenna and cable at a truck stop on the way and it'll be like new again

We also use the FRS/GMRS radios a lot. We usually like the trail swiper to have one and the leader, so I'm sure will be fine.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts