Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
We got in to Teraflex’s private party Tuesday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does everyone have a CB if not what radio do you use if any?

I have a CB

·
Registered
67 Posts
We got in to Teraflex’s private party Tuesday night.

How you manage that one? Well done

·
Registered
681 Posts
How you manage that one? Well done

It was a Facebook posting. First 100 to IM with number in their party got in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice. Maybe I need to get a FB account one day. Still holding out on them. Lol
12 hours into my journey to Moab so far today.

Reactions: JKJeepit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wanted to say it was great meeting up with everybody. Had a blast and really appreciated the help from Mike on spotting. Was a great day

Reactions: JKJeepit

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I'm making the trip again this year! Who else is going? I'm signed up for Hells Revenge on Sunday and Moab Rim on Monday. Plan to just wing it the rest of the week.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I'm making the trip again this year! Who else is going? I'm signed up for Hells Revenge on Sunday and Moab Rim on Monday. Plan to just wing it the rest of the week.
I will be leaving MN on 12th and will be there from April 13th through and leave on 20th. Meeting up with friends from ID.

Our current trail plans are:
14th Fins
15 Hells Rev

16th Metal Masher
17th Kane Creek
18th Golden Spike
19th Poison Spider

·
Registered
328 Posts
We’ll be there! Just doing one organized trail ride, but would like to find some smaller groups to ride with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
681 Posts
Be our second EJS a few new trails for us
Rose Garden Hill - Monday April 15, new
Kane Creek Canyon - Thursday April 18,
Dome Plateau - Saturday April 20, new

Be doing other trails on our own Sunday and Wednesday (Maybe the trifecta again)

·
Registered
13 Posts
whats your thoughts on bringing along my 10yo daughter out to Moab for the Easter week. Not asking to be part of your group just wondering if a father can make it a great trip for a dad daughter trip.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
whats your thoughts on bringing along my 10yo daughter out to Moab for the Easter week. Not asking to be part of your group just wondering if a father can make it a great trip for a dad daughter trip.
Do it! My daughter still talks about our father daughter road trips, started at about 8 through about 14. My granddaughter turns 5 this year, first road trip will be when she’s 6 or 7. Ive already taken her on day trip trail rides and she loves it.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
Be our second EJS a few new trails for us
Rose Garden Hill - Monday April 15, new
Kane Creek Canyon - Thursday April 18,
Dome Plateau - Saturday April 20, new

Be doing other trails on our own Sunday and Wednesday (Maybe the trifecta again)

I'd be curious to hear what you think of Rose Garden Hill. I want to do it, but so far each trip we end up not having time for it.
But one day I hope we get to it. It looks killer in the videos I have seen.
Dome Plateau is a nice relaxing trail with enough obstacles to keep it interesting. And the scenery is great. I also like that it is pretty far off the beaten path, so it isn't crowded. I was not expecting to enjoy D.P. as much as I did. It was a lot of fun.
I have not done Kane Creek.
Have fun.

·
Registered
328 Posts

I’ll have my young daughter there, let me know if you need a trail riding buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd be curious to hear what you think of Rose Garden Hill. I want to do it, but so far each trip we end up not having time for it.
But one day I hope we get to it. It looks killer in the videos I have seen.
Dome Plateau is a nice relaxing trail with enough obstacles to keep it interesting. And the scenery is great. I also like that it is pretty far off the beaten path, so it isn't crowded. I was not expecting to enjoy D.P. as much as I did. It was a lot of fun.
I have not done Kane Creek.
Have fun.

I'll do a report back on Rose Garden Hill. I try and do at least one new trail each time we hit Moab and Rose Garden Hill has been on the list but like you it keeps getting bumped off. I signed up for it since the wife likes to take the harder ones with bigger groups..... and my Jeeping buddy moved to DC for a few years and sold off his Jeep... Don't have to many hards ones left, of course I don't do the really hard obstetricals, like high dive, widowmaker..... Prittchett Canyon of course is one I want to do but will do it with my buddy's with the buggys..
Even though it is crowded I like the gathering of EJS and hope to volunteer in the next few years... will see how it goes.
Kane Creek was the second trail we ever did in Moab, it was when I had the 2DR with only a 2" lift and 32's.. the one ledge on the cliff was really the only thing that gives it the high rating.. at least in 2011, and we were able to sneak around it .... Don't plan on that this time.

We are thinking Hey Joe canyon Sunday and the trifecta group again on Weds
My buddy is going with this year and he ran out for the Fins N things run last week. He can't wait to go back.. so we'll see come Wednesday if he wants to do the trifecta....

All in all this trip will probably be more of the easy trails and scenic trip, but everything is scenic...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
We are signed up for hells revenge Sunday, Moab Rim Monday. Rest of the week is open, trails i want to do are Kane Creek, Flat Iron Mesa, some version of Poison Spider again but maybe not entire trifecta, and Behind the Rocks, and maybe metal masher or steel bender again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We are signed up for hells revenge Sunday, Moab Rim Monday. Rest of the week is open, trails i want to do are Kane Creek, Flat Iron Mesa, some version of Poison Spider again but maybe not entire trifecta, and Behind the Rocks, and maybe metal masher or steel bender again.

I’d like to do Flat Iron Mesa again. The trifecta does make for a long day.
We did the Behind the rocks tip toe version last EJS. That first head wall was very interesting. Probably the hardest thing we did in Moab last year. I’d recommend metal masher before steel bender.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I’d like to do Flat Iron Mesa again. The trifecta does make for a long day.
We did the Behind the rocks tip toe version last EJS. That first head wall was very interesting. Probably the hardest thing we did in Moab last year. I’d recommend metal masher before steel bender.

We did that last year also. After the first few had issues, they decided to rope off the remaining vehicles so they did not flip over backwards. Was interesting to say the least. Several decided to turn around and head back to town rather than tackle the gate keeper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
We did that last year also. After the first few had issues, they decided to rope off the remaining vehicles so they did not flip over backwards. Was interesting to say the least. Several decided to turn around and head back to town rather than tackle the gate keeper.
Wow good to know about behind the rocks. I was mostly worried about high dive, but I wanted to do the climb right after it and I think the bypass would avoid it entirely so I wasn't sure.

My parents decided to take the week and come join us just to have a vacation. They don't care for the difficult trails and my dad's back can't handle getting bounced around all day on the rough ones but I'd like to take them on some median trails that are simple and have awesome views. May do Find and things with them, open to suggestions of other trails that are more than just a dirt road, but don't have anything too difficult

61 - 80 of 92 Posts