Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow good to know about behind the rocks. I was mostly worried about high dive, but I wanted to do the climb right after it and I think the bypass would avoid it entirely so I wasn't sure.

My parents decided to take the week and come join us just to have a vacation. They don't care for the difficult trails and my dad's back can't handle getting bounced around all day on the rough ones but I'd like to take them on some median trails that are simple and have awesome views. May do Find and things with them, open to suggestions of other trails that are more than just a dirt road, but don't have anything too difficult

7 mile rim was a good trail. Scenic maybe a 4 rating
Also the Shaffer switch backs down to the white rim trail come out potash rd. Is really scenic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
2 weeks from today we hit the road from NC!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Leaving tomorrow night/EARLY Thursday morning!! Only a day away!
Likely be in Moab Friday night, unless we take our time maybe saturday morning.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
That is a serious rush drive. It typically takes us three days to get to Moab. We can be near Denver in two days. Then it is a fun day driving from the Denver / Colorado Springs area to Moab. But we do stop and sleep....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Last year we left Thursday evening after work and drove almost non stop and got there early Saturday morning. Planning to take a little more time for rest this time and maybe enjoy the sights!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Leaving tomorrow night/EARLY Thursday morning!! Only a day away!
Likely be in Moab Friday night, unless we take our time maybe saturday morning.

Where are you guys staying?? I’m camped out in the Sand Flats waiting for my wife to arrive next week! I’m up for any trail rides if you don’t mind someone tagging along this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
681 Posts
Leaving Sat AM from ABQ. Going to trailer the Jeep this time for the hell of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Anyone else seen these around town?

I think it’s sending the wrong message...
It is NOT sending the wrong message. The "Throttle down in town" campaign started after the explosion in UTV popularity. Countless inconsiderate yahoos (99% of whom are tourists) race around town and through residential neighborhoods in their obnoxiously loud UTVs. And a lot of Jeepers also appear to be oblivious to speed limits and the fact that some of the main traffic arteries traverse residential neighborhoods that used to be blissfully quiet. The city has tried dealing with it in various ways...such as lowering speed limits on several roads recently. Moab is more than a 4x4 paradise. People live here too. Be considerate. The signs are a politically correct way of saying "Don't be a noisy jerk". Throttle down in town.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It is NOT sending the wrong message. The "Throttle down in town" campaign started after the explosion in UTV popularity. Countless inconsiderate yahoos (99% of whom are tourists) race around town and through residential neighborhoods in their obnoxiously loud UTVs. And a lot of Jeepers also appear to be oblivious to speed limits and the fact that some of the main traffic arteries traverse residential neighborhoods that used to be blissfully quiet. The city has tried dealing with it in various ways...such as lowering speed limits on several roads recently. Moab is more than a 4x4 paradise. People live here too. Be considerate. The signs are a politically correct way of saying "Don't be a noisy jerk". Throttle down in town.

Yes...I clearly understand the message and can assure you I’m not a “noisy jerk.”

The funny thing (to me, apparently) is that more than a few people use the term “throttle down” to mean “open the throttle and increase speed”... If I were to guess, I would say the majority of those you’re referring to might see “throttle down” and say “yeehaw!!!” as they pummeled the gas pedal in response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Wow 2 years ago already...
Didn't update after my 2019 trip, but basically on day 1(Sunday), I blew the ring gear in my front HP dana 30 and one shop in town said they could fix it but it wouldn't be until Thursday and they wanted about 1k to fix it...No way I was dropping 1k for a new ring and pinion setup so my Jeep sat on the sidelines on that trip. It sucked but I rented a 4 seat rzr for one day and that was a lot of fun. Otherwise I rode with my brother in his JK the rest of the trip.

Heading back this year, hopefully my jeep makes it the whole week this time, I swapped the R&P and put in some ARB's to replace the Aussie lockers I had before. Can't wait to be back in Moab!
Its a long drive from NC, but it'll be fun. Going to hotshot it, take turns driving and sleeping in the tow rig. Last time we made it in 36 hours, hope for the same again this year!

who else is going??

81 - 92 of 92 Posts