Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has big plans for this coming summer??? Who's rebuilding, what trips do you have planned? Just trying to get a lively post going here.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My plans for the Jeep are to apply a few coats of Chassi saver to the frame and to apply another coat of Monstaliner to the tub as well as the grill and fender flares. Also to apply some undercoating to the wheel wells. Once my steering box comes that will need to be switched out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is there a particular reason you are painting the grill and fenders?
The fenders are all faded and I don't want to buy new ones. Also the texture of the bed liner will sorta match my front bumper. The grill has a ton of chips just want to stop them before they get worse.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is there a regional Iowa thread at all? We should get one started up. I'm in Ames for school year round for the next 3 years so if there's a Jeep community in Iowa that wants to get together some weekends I'd be up for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa. Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa - JOCCI I'm a member, we have access to private wheeling area down by Oskaloosa and have club runs there and other places year-round, as well as monthly meetings, talk and tunes, BBQ and beer, etc... I'm in Cedar Rapids so I'm too far away to go to the meetings but I usually get in on a couple wheeling trips a year. Just got back from Moab with some of the guys from there about a month ago.

Also check out Iowa Jeep Club. They're open to all 4x4's, they're leaving for Ouray Colorado this weekend I think. Not sure if they have a website, but search that name on Facebook and they have a group. JOCCI does too, under the long name.

Pretty sure both clubs have members in Ames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts