Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I know I'm breaking the forum rules, but this is the only fab'in area so please don't kick me out.

I found an all in one plasma cutter at tractor supply its a Hobart Air Force 250 ci w/ built in air compressor. It's 820 dollars, I don't know anything about these but I do know it would be awesome to have one.
Any advice or tips would be awesome

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sounds like a good deal for small stuff.

I have a cutmaster 100 by thermal dynamics. Picked it up used on CL.It can cut 1" plate but it is over kill most of the time. But it goes thru 1/4" like it was sheet metal. However the price was right.

Good clean, dry air is the key. Looks like this one solves the issue with built in air so i say go for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have that same model, it is nice because it is 120 you can plug it in about anywhere and use it. It however is not for heavy fabrication work. I can cut 1/4 inch with it, and it does cut clean but doesn't cut fast you really have to take your time. It works for me for small jobs. Would recommend it to someone who was working on their own projects but dont plan on cutting heavier than 1/4 with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it seems like this should work for me, it'll cut through my frame, bumpers, and just about any project I can think of. Thanks guys

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry one last question .. Is it better to buy a cutter and compressor separate ?
I have plenty of tools and I'm not a fan of painting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts