Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is thinking about it and wanted to know how it looks, I did 3/5 of my car today. It got cold (60 degrees) and it seemed to cause problems with drying etc, so I held off till tomorrow for the others. I will say, I learned what NOT to do today... but it worked out well I thought. Does need some touch ups here and there.

Never done it before, and it seems pretty painless. I did this while wheels were on the car, and didn't tape anything up except the valve, and covered the brakes with garbage bags.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Rim Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
TitanFlyer said:
In case anyone is thinking about it and wanted to know how it looks, I did 3/5 of my car today. It got cold (60 degrees) and it seemed to cause problems with drying etc, so I held off till tomorrow for the others. I will say, I learned what NOT to do today... but it worked out well I thought. Does need some touch ups here and there.

Never done it before, and it seems pretty painless. I did this while wheels were on the car, and didn't tape anything up except the valve, and covered the brakes with garbage bags.
That actually looks awesome i love that look

·
Registered
83 Posts
looks great

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Looks great!
I was looking forward to seeing these pics....thanks!

The contours of the rims give them a two tone look even in black. The Sahara rims look dope with plasti-dip on them. Everything I expected and more.

·
Registered
806 Posts
i'd like to see it without the black in the cutout area.
Rob ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The black lugs are a nice touch :thumb:
I left them on (meaning just plasti dipped the whole wheel as is).. just tried to minimize the work level. Hoping I didn't miscalculate, because the first time I need to take those wheels off will pull the plasti dip right off.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I left them on (meaning just plasti dipped the whole wheel as is).. just tried to minimize the work level. Hoping I didn't miscalculate, because the first time I need to take those wheels off will pull the plasti dip right off.
Trying scoring around the lug nuts with a tooth pick. My guess is that you will lose the dip on the lugs, but keep it on the rims if that works.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Cosmic Charlie said:
Plasti-dip makes those wheels look 100% better!
Not to me, but we each get our own opinion, part of what makes the US a great place :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to me, but we each get our own opinion, part of what makes the US a great place :)
My wife is with you.. she doesn't see the sense in changing them at all. I knew from the second I saw the jeep on the lot that I would replace them, but wanted to see if I could do something temporary to get what I wanted.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts