Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to be plasti dipping my wheels pretty soon and was wondering what yall use to clean the tires that doesn't affect the dip? I know most tire shines are a no no ( I don't use the stuff anyway). Right now I'm using Wesley's Tire Bleach to clean them like I have for the past 20 years. Just wondering if that stuff would mess up the finish?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I use that or any all purpose cleaner like Simple Green(the one safe for aluminum). You can also use that to clean the dip on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I use the same soap on the wheels I use for washing the body. I also use a soft brush.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. So it looks like I can still use my same tire cleaner that I always have.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have used a few different cleaners on my tires and plasti dipped wheels with no issues. That plasti-dip is pretty tough stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had plasti dip on my past vehicle's wheels and that stuff is durable! No problems through car washes, really hot weather or really cold weather. Any wheel cleaner will work perfect. Just spray it on even and do many layers! It's best if you remove the wheels, but if you don't/can't put some trash bags to cover the calipers and use armoral on the tires so you can simply peel away the excess. There are tons of videos on YouTube!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts