Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some plasti dip to give me jeep some eyelids. I've never done something like this but I love the look. Any tips or tricks?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Make the first coat a super thin and transparent coat. Let it dry completely and then do another. Usually 4 coats is perfect. You can leave it matte or buy the glossifier and give it a shiny finish.

Overspray will peel off or rub off with a rag and some cleaner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is some what related but for has anybody done plasti dip on the fender flares?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have done the same thing with the rings on mine. I also have the some of the hood done and black grill inserts. Red and black are great jeep colors

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got some plasti dip to give me jeep some eyelids. I've never done something like this but I love the look. Any tips or tricks?
Well I got it done but I'm having a hard time posting a pic. The app doesn't like me much. It's not as clean around the edges as I would like but you can't tell unless you're looking right at it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

There... Don't mind my headlight down there. Forgot to pull it back when I leaned on it

·
Registered
180 Posts
There... Don't mind my headlight down there. Forgot to pull it back when I leaned on it
Looks great! Now unscrew those turn signals and coat them with plasti dip too. You can still see the amber light when they are on but the black out looks much better. Just do 2 light coats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great! Now unscrew those turn signals and coat them with plasti dip too. You can still see the amber light when they are on but the black out looks much better. Just do 2 light coats.
That's actually a pretty cool idea!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If you like that black on yellow look, I'd suggest doing your grille. I think that would look good.

:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you like that black on yellow look, I'd suggest doing your grille. I think that would look good.

:)
I was thinking about doing something with my grille. That would def be pretty cool. How well would plasti do stand up on a grille though?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was thinking about doing something with my grille. That would def be pretty cool. How well would plasti do stand up on a grille though?
I've plastidipped the crap out of my F150, its an 07 XLT with tons of chrome, all of which is now PD'd - the grill has held up remarkably well after 18 months thus far.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts