Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about Plasti dipping my hood but can't find very many pictures. Help me out jeep wrangler forum people! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think your best bet would be to just tape it off good, prep prep prep and put up some pics - worst case scenario - you re do it ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I plastidipped my rims and screwed up the first time. Just pressure washed it off and redid. Shouldn't be too hard to do a hood, just have everything prepped and ready to go. Wear some sort of dust mask too. You might want to practice on something first to get it down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
just a suggestion but it would look really nice if you plasti dipped the hinges on the hood and doors. but leave the windshield hinges white.

and do the rims

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oaky1717 said:
just a suggestion but it would look really nice if you plasti dipped the hinges on the hood and doors. but leave the windshield hinges white.

and do the rims
Will take that in to consideration. This is temporary. We wanted to see if we like the look. Which we do. Will be using rustoleum bed liner on it and the grill and hardtop within the next couple weeks. Will post pics of the process.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like it! Nice work!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like it too! I bought my jk three weeks ago. As I was driving it off the lot I saw a quarter size ding in the hood that went through the paint. The dealership said they would fix it, but it looks like the guy that did the work used sand paper instead of cloth to buff it! Now my hood looks like it's been washed 20 times by a 10 year old who threw the rag down in the dirt first! To make matters worse, the ding returned 4 days after getting it back from the shop. Definately not the greatest new car buying experience. If they won't give me a new hood or completely repaint it, plastidip might be used. :)

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I don't understand...just for looks? or functionality?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't understand...just for looks? or functionality?
Supposedly it cuts down on glare from the sun, they used to do this on old land rovers...But i think its really just for looks :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts