Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
like the "flat black", is that a paint? what happens when it gets sratched or cut? does the water fill it up like a "plastic bag", no, no, Im serious, no insult intended. is it "plastic" like the plastic you can buy in a rattle can?

·
Registered
704 Posts
What are threw rims?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think it looks fine now, but I would guess that its going to peel...

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Hold em up here how many coats did you do? Because if you only did one it's gonna be a major PITA to peel off.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Commando Solo said:
Hold em up here how many coats did you do? Because if you only did one it's gonna be a major PITA to peel off.
X2 4+ coats minimum or its not peeling off I've found that out the hard way

·
Registered
423 Posts
X2 4+ coats minimum or its not peeling off I've found that out the hard way
This is what I was referring to, one coat equals peeling. And I dont mean pealing like you can just peel it all off. More like splotchy peeling that you can only peel off tiny pieces at a time. If you used 4+ coats, then it will be more durable, and you can actually peel it off easily. Thats ALOT of plastidip though, guessing you did not use that many coats?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've heard u can.use wd40 and a good preasure washer, u might be able to.go over it with a few more coats and it will stick.to the exsisting dip, if u want it matte black I'd bed line the whole we did that to my buddies crawler turned out sick

1 - 20 of 31 Posts