Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Rugged Ridge Perforated Grille Screen on my JKU and one on my wife's 2016 JKU. Both are rusting a bit. RR sent me a replacement for mine under warranty (I have not contacted them regarding my wife's yet). But it got me thinking... is there anything out there similar to what I have but in plastic? Similar to the factory JL Sport grill "mesh." I am not interested in the ones that clip in from the from or the gutter guard DIY type.
Thanks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Like pkdailey4 said I just spray paint mine and it turned out great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I put plastic gutter guard on mine back in 2012. Still looks great. You can't tell it's not OEM.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I also have the Rugged Ridge grill and mine started to rust too. I took it out and cleaned it good with a wire brush and wiped it down with rubbing alcohol. I then gave it a few coats of Duplicolor black paint.

I have not seen any plastic grills that fit behind the JK grill.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found some honeycomb pvc "mesh" material on eBay... I think it's what the "ricer" mobiles make custom grills from. It looks similar to the JL grill mesh. I may order a piece ($22) and see what I can do.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Rustoleum is your friend

I put a couple of coats on mine, before even installing it, just to warn off any future rusting problems.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've tried ordering the metal one with a hood-lock opening twice, they always send the one without an opening. Finally gave up. The snap-in things restrict airflow too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts