Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have noticed alot of jeeps that have removed the big plastic jugs and the ends of their front bumper and rears. Is it because they broke them off roading? Or does everyone think they just look better off? Probably both right? I have been thinking about taking mine off. And I was just reading the post of painting my headlight rings black. I'm diffently gonna do that! Well here's a pic and tell me your opinions please :) wavey

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Looks like a nice clean jeep. Take off the milk jugs front and rear, sometimes they don't come off very nicely the screws tend to seize, if that happens just grab hold of them and rip em out. Then remove the headlight bezels, use a bit of fine sandpaper and buff up the bezels, clean off the grit, prime em up with some good quality primer, let it dry, then paint with either flat or gloss black paint, I used flat cause it makes it look mean lol.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeepjones said:
Looks like a nice clean jeep. Take off the milk jugs front and rear, sometimes they don't come off very nicely the screws tend to seize, if that happens just grab hold of them and rip em out. Then remove the headlight bezels, use a bit of fine sandpaper and buff up the bezels, clean off the grit, prime em up with some good quality primer, let it dry, then paint with either flat or gloss black paint, I used flat cause it makes it look mean lol.
Thanks for the compliment... Yeah a few weeks ago I had attempted to take the front ones off just to see what it would look like but they were diffently seized up and a couple of them were just spining freely. So I decided not to mess with it then because if I did take it off they probably won't go back on it I didn't like the look. I'm wondering if there is gonna be some small rust in there once removed. My jeep is practically rust free everywhere but I'm guessing there is some hiding in there....

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hate the jugs, I mean hate! The first thing I did was take the jugs off, I have since replaced the bumpers with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Get rid of the jugs and paint the bezels. Your Jeep will love you for it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just wondering how the rear bumper will look with them off... I have got to get the rear bumper and tire carrier soon because the 33 has practically destroyed it. I have welded it twice. But with Christmas here I'm gonna have to wait till I get my tax money.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
It will look much better. Big plastic jugs are for strippers not Jeeps.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Haha just scrap your whole bumper ;) jk it does look alot better without the jugs and its free. and Im hitting the bezels too as soon as it warms up. The jeep looks very nice, I like your tires :p Are your front fenders, uh, lower on the outside than the inner piece? it looks like it to me. might just be an illusion though :O and yes, the milk jugs can be siezed up, but because the jugs are plastic there isnt gona be as much rust as metal on metal... If there is just take a sander to it quick and hit with some black paint when you do your bezels. I know mine was really dirty but its a 2000, and its seen alot of mess. why front and rear bumpers are sitting in the garage now thank lordy. if you still have trouble getting them off, use some WD40 or oil on the screws and let it sit. make sure you get them all out, they are top and bottom. and you may have to wiggle to pull em out. you should love the look

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
elijah.caine said:
Look at that glossy hard top! You just don't see em these days!
Lmbo..... Yeah I had a buddy paint it. He kept telling me to go flat. But I wanted glossy.... At first I kinda wish I would of went flat black though. But now it's growing on me, I like the glossy look....

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I also removed the front end caps and replaced them with the ones from Quadratec. I think it looks better then just removing them without putting anything there at all. However i like the jugs on the rear bumper though. I think it looks funny without them on the stock bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GoldenSahara00 said:
Haha just scrap your whole bumper ;) jk it does look alot better without the jugs and its free. and Im hitting the bezels too as soon as it warms up. The jeep looks very nice, I like your tires :p Are your front fenders, uh, lower on the outside than the inner piece? it looks like it to me. might just be an illusion though :O and yes, the milk jugs can be siezed up, but because the jugs are plastic there isnt gona be as much rust as metal on metal... If there is just take a sander to it quick and hit with some black paint when you do your bezels. I know mine was really dirty but its a 2000, and its seen alot of mess. why front and rear bumpers are sitting in the garage now thank lordy. if you still have trouble getting them off, use some WD40 or oil on the screws and let it sit. make sure you get them all out, they are top and bottom. and you may have to wiggle to pull em out. you should love the look
Yeah I was just looking at that. My plastic front fender flares are lower then the metal fender. I just started looking at other pics of other jeeps and theirs are flush. That's weird.... how did that happen?

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
The bumper looks a lot better with the ends ON them. Of course, "looks" are subjective. They just look broken or unfinished if the ends are removed.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The bumper looks a lot better with the ends ON them. Of course, "looks" are subjective. They just look broken or unfinished if the ends are removed.
Mopar has flat caps for the open ends if you want.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts