Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up my wife's JKU last week and over the weekend while I washing it I noticed that the front fenders seem to have a clear plastic over them. It is only noticeable from the front corner where its a bit ragged on the edge and has a blue smudge that I can't clean off. I didn't want to start peeling it because I'm not sure if its an oversight from the prep guy not having removed it or if its a protective film that is suppose to be there.

Here is a photo to illustrate what I'm talking about...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just got my Jeep last Thursday. I'll duck out to the parking lot in a bit and check...

·
Registered
214 Posts
If it was plastic then you could remove it with your finger nails (assuming you have them). It looks more like someone in a blue vehicle scratched it up. Use some Meguiars scratch-x to remove it and follow up with your favorite wax or polish.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think that is an oversight from the dealership. They put platic on it to prevent environmental fallout from getting on it while shipping. Should peel off easily.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just check mine and nothing like that on it. Thinking it's protect coating for shipping like everyone else. I has some left on my Jeep symbol but got it off when I did the mesh grille mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts