Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same old story: flexed, rubbed one of the tires on the fender (rear passenger), tore out 2 rivets.

Before I was always able to talk the stealership into replacing them for free when I took the Jeep in for the maintenance, now they want $90. Haw haw very funny.

Since I'm probably keeping the stock flares forever, this will be an ongoing problem. Time to learn how to deal with it myself. I did go to Autozone and try to find matching rivets, but nothing they had fit. And I think you need a specific rivet gun to install them too?

Does anyone know what rivets I need to hold the stock flares in place, where to get them, and what rivet gun to use to put them in?

Help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Harbor Freight has a plastic riveter set. The downside is they don't sell refills so you'd have to hit an auto parts store for those. I'mce used mine quite a bit. Piece of cake. Part number 97757

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They're called POM rivets and I stand corrected. The so carry refills. Maybe my store just doesn't have them. Part number 67611

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Amazon parts numbers Rivets 6506007-AA & S&G Tool Aid 19400 Rivet Tool for Plastic Rivet
Super helpful, and a nice timely thread. I popped a couple of those out on the trail last weekend.

Ian

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The PO of my Jeep had holes drilled in various places for whatever he had attached. These worked perfectly to plug them and they look pretty clean as well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. I've got the rivets on order, hopefully they'll work with the gun I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts