Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did see a thread on this, but was how to take it off, mine is loose, and i want to tighten it, i thought it was maybe a torque, but i cant seem to find one to fit? any help on tightening these? also this being loose, could this be a knocking sound I hear when turning? nothing else seems loose. ah i need a man! :funnypost:

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's just plastic pins with plastic screws the make them wider when screwed in to the center. I think there is 7 of them? Just crawl under and see if they are loose. Cheapest easiest fix is to zip tie it back if you lost those pins, they are expensive from a dealer and not worth freight to order. Or... Just take it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just plastic pins with plastic screws the make them wider when screwed in to the center. I think there is 7 of them? Just crawl under and see if they are loose. Cheapest easiest fix is to zip tie it back if you lost those pins, they are expensive from a dealer and not worth freight to order. Or... Just take it off.

they are there, just loose... need to tighten em not sure what to sue to tighen em, saw a dude used a pry bar to take it off, cant say i have a pry bar

·
Registered
222 Posts
If the center part that has a Philips head slot in it is still pushed all the way into the center, then just try to push them back in until they snap. You can do the revers to take the air damn off. Use a Philips screw driver to unscrew the centers out, then the pins will loosen. They usually don't come out easily, the just spin inside themselves. In that case, I've always just pried the pins out with a flat blade screw driver and ended up breaking them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts