Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned '14 JKURX for about 3 months now and love it, no regrets or problems at all. But after some thinking does anyone have any concerns over the valve cover being plastic instead of metal? I know it saves a little weight and cost, but maybe cause some problems over time.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have owned '14 JKURX for about 3 months now and love it, no regrets or problems at all. But after some thinking does anyone have any concerns over the valve cover being plastic instead of metal? I know it saves a little weight and cost, but maybe cause some problems over time.
That's all part of the modern age brother it also has a plastic intake, yes it can be problems but generally they're fine for a long time.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Only problem I've seen with plastic vc are on the Nissan murano. The rear vc would warp. When I did the vcg, would always replace the rear cover since the intake had to come off & it took some time. The front one was always ok.

It's all weight saving. You probably can find metal covers.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Plastic VCs (and intake manifolds for that matter) have been around for a couple of decades already....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts