Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned this '04 for about a month now, and it has a nagging issue... Both front seats wobble back and forth. I think it's play in the slides to let people in the back. I tried searching on here, but didn't come up with anything. Before I tear the seats out and start troubleshooting the mechanism, does anybody know of a quick fix?

·
Registered
354 Posts
We have the same issue with our 06 LJ seats. Passenger side shifts fore and aft a bit annoyingly but the driver's side moves just a tad; too little to notice most of the time. Since replacement seats are on our to-do list, we haven't given much thought to fixing it. But if anyone has an easy fix (like a specific part that needs tightening), we wouldn't mind doing that in the meantime.

Subscribed. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I got the same things just got used to it. Also would like to here if there is a fix. Sorry i couldnt help

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
must have something to do with the new lower seat brackets in the 03-06 wranglers..my 97 tj doesnt have this issue

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
My driver seat does it "shifts" sometime when cornering. I haven't been able to tell what part is actually moving because I can't make it move by hand. It's like ya gotta sit in it for it to move/shift.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Are you guys talking about it rocking back and forth?
As if there is too much space in between the seat and the slider portion?

·
Registered
732 Posts
SAME on my 97... so whats the cure ?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Check your seer for a little "roller" knob on the "nipple" that comes out of the metal next to the sliding portion. This "roller" looks like a white life saver. They tend to break off with time.

You need to cut something that will fit around that little "stub, or nipple" that will push the other "stub" enough to keep the seat from rocking back and forth. I will post pictures in the morning.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
My drivers seat squeaks like crazy

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
This thing! That little knob used to have something that looks like a clear life saver on it. It was some kind of bushing. Well, they tend to break a lot, and that's why there is play in your seat.

I was told that you can get a piece of tire, and cut out a chunk and slide it over that knob, and if it is big enough, it will keep the seat from rocking back and forth.
Beige Shoe

·
Registered
981 Posts
I hope this helps someone by showing the thickness of the lifesaver type thingy needed on that top nipple.
You'll have to excuse my dirty floor, I was going to vacuum, but then I remembered.... I don't like to vacuum LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts