Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Today was the first time I hit some serious mud and got stuck a couple times/had to be pulled out. Normally I just do lite trail and get off roads but stay out of the mud. Question is, after muddling and burying the jeep and getting pulled out, should I be concerned with cleaning anything in particular? I gave it a good spray down... Also should I be concerned with any damage? I do hear a new slight squeak noise that changes in pitch along with rpm. Thinking this may be from dirt in my engine components??? Anything else I need to know? New to playing in the mud.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mud is evil. Just be sure to hose everything, including your undercarriage. The squeaking may just be a belt/pulley that is either still carrying water or could be a bit dry after washing removed any lubrication.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
If your jeep is stock and you haven't extended your breathers for the diffs and you were in mud/water that's higher than your factory breathers you should make sure water did not get into the diff. Then extend your breathers. They aren't very high up from the factory. Follow the hose coming up from your diff and you will see where they end.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Espo would you suggest changing dif fluid then? I am assuming they are stock tubes. I will look into extending them. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts