Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on here there are thousands of people with thousands of different lift combinations. Some have a SYE fitted and some drop the TC.

I am confused.

I would like to fit a 2" suspension lift, with a 1" BL and MML. I will then add 31's.
This is all I really want/need for the look, ride and terrain.

For this will I need to drop my TC or look at a SYE? please can some one clear this up for me. If it's not definitive please say so.
Also what problems hassels am i likely to have, ie breather extensions/relocation, fuel hose etc.

Thank you in advance, one confused newbie.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
no it will not need a SYE. Some have had vibs from a 2" lift. (all jeeps are different). but adding a body lift and motor lift will assure you wont have any. But you can fit 31's stock. 31's are the max tire size you can fit on a stock TJ. I have a 2" lift with a 1.25" body lift with a 1" motor lift on 33's. if that helps.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just get the one opinion from someone you know on the forum. I would message Jerry Bransford. That guy is a genius. What he says to do in your current situation then that's what I would do.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Oh and TJspeed is also good. Just don't let him show you pics of his yellow TJ. You won't be able to get it out of your head. Then pretty soon you will start wanting a yellow one just to look as good as his.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,621 Posts
SYE kits aren't normally needed on TJs until the 4" suspension height is reached. The most you'll need to do for a 2" suspension lift is no more than a 1" t-case skidplate drop. A t-case drop and you'll be good to go with your 2" suspension lift. So far as a 1" body lift goes, problems are rare. I installed my 1" BL without needing to do anything else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, this has cleared things up for me alot.
This at least now gives me a clear idea of where to start.
I am sure i will be asking more in the future.

This forum is great, I would not be having so much fun with my jeep with out the help from you guys!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts