Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, my jeep is halfway into having the lift kit installed, and Im in need of a a new set of parts. They are the little rubber parts that go slide into the cup that sits above the spring.

I've done some googling and have called quadratec. I can't seem to understand if that rubber part that has cracked and fallen apart is the bump stop, or the jounce bumper

this is what quadratec suggested

Energy Suspension 2-9101G - Energy Suspension Front Bump Stops for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

and this is the part that needs replaced,

can you guys help me to understand what is what, and if the quadratec part is the correct one?...

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Same thing.

Now note, depending the size of lift/tires/and fenders, and what you are doing with your jeep (off road), you may need to get the correct length bump stops to keep your tires from hitting your fenders.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Same thing.

Now note, depending the size of lift/tires/and fenders, and what you are doing with your jeep (off road), you may need to get the correct length bump stops to keep your tires from hitting your fenders.
You are holding a jounce bumper in your hand.

When you put on a lift, bumpstops should be added to limit your upstravel so "things" don't hit other "things".

That jounce bumper in your hand will compress all the way into the cup it fits into. Since you are putting a lift on, you will most likely need extended bumpstops. These will be separate from the jounce bumper. When measuring for your BS don't include the jounce bumper...measure from the rim of the cup.

Do some research on the word "bumpstop" and you will find plenty of info.

·
Registered
14,302 Posts
simply put one compresses to soften the stopping of travel but does not in and of itself limit or stop travel while a bump stop does not significantly compress and STOPS suspension travel

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Measuring for BS. Notice that the springs need to be removed.

Be sure to cycle your suspension to find interference issues.

As you can see in this picture, the aftermarket exhaust the PO put on was an interference point. Installing a new OEM exhaust solved that problem.

Happy Jeep!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts