Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a '06 Wrangler. I need tires, but apparently, since I have mud tires that will not pass state inspection, I cannot replace them with a A/T tire. As I understand it, my rims are too large for a A/T tire. I think they are 10" (wide) but A/T tires only come in 8" rim widths. Currently, my tire size is 33x12.5x15R. I really do not want to replace the rims, but if I have to I will.

Do I have to?
If so, Is there anyone out there who may be willing to swap, or entertain giving me a really good deal? I would prefer Black rims, but beggars cant be but so choosey

Thanks,

Allen

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I should start a rent a rim shop, rent a set and putem on for inspection. Then return them to me. 100 bucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure I made my dilemma clear- I need to replace the tires, but I don't want mud tires. I want A/T tires, but am not sure if they will fit the rims I have. Just don't want to have to buy both. Will an AT tire fit my 10" wide rim?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I own a '06 Wrangler. I need tires, but apparently, since I have mud tires that will not pass state inspection, I cannot replace them with a A/T tire. As I understand it, my rims are too large for a A/T tire. I think they are 10" (wide) but A/T tires only come in 8" rim widths. Currently, my tire size is 33x12.5x15R. I really do not want to replace the rims, but if I have to I will.

Do I have to?

No. Take a look under the "specs" tab on this page for the Goodyear Duratrac in 33x12.50x15: TireRack Goodyear Duratrac

They are actually designed to be mounted on a 10" wide wheel. The recommended wheel width range is 8.5"-11". If you are looking to replace the tires anyways these are a great option.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
I am not sure I made my dilemma clear- I need to replace the tires, but I don't want mud tires. I want A/T tires, but am not sure if they will fit the rims I have. Just don't want to have to buy both. Will an AT tire fit my 10" wide rim?
Yes you can run a 10.5 wide tire on 10" rims, but you will not be able to air down much or you run the risk of losing a bead. What aftermarket rims do you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts