Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 jk abs / traction control lights came on .. few days later check engine light came on . Took it to mechanic , replaced right rear sensor and did some other maintenance . Took it home and was all good .. next day drove to work check engine light comes on .. while sitting in parking lot I did the key 3x trick to see code .. runs test and says done then check engine light blinks 10x and goes off ? So now I’m thinking I fixed it .. after work I bring it back to mechanic and he checks for codes ... nothing .. next day check engine light comes back on and I do same 3x key trick and again blinks 10x and shuts off .. what could this be ? Anyone every hear of this ?,I checked every forum before I bothered everyone with a stupid question and couldn’t find anything ..

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You need to use a scan tool to get all codes. Not all scan tools are equal. Some can only scan certain modules and only certain codes in modules.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You need a code reader that can also read ABS codes. Most cheaper code readers can't retrieve ABS codes. I had my check engine light on and no codes were showing up because they were ABS codes that my reader could not retrieve.

Reactions: bubbabud

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Funny.. I didn't know you could use the 3x key method on the newer obd2 systems. Clearly if you can though, it's not very reliable.

Get a proper scanner. Make sure it's one which can read ALL codes... including abs. No sense buying a tool which can only to 1/2 a job.

·
Super Moderator
7,737 Posts
I'd invest in a good code reader, it is a great tool to have.

Reactions: bubbabud
1 - 7 of 7 Posts