Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 with MT and about 100k. Looks like I'm the first one to ever take it off road as it's all stock and super clean. I took it to a few local jeep spots yeaterday and was messing around on a couple hill climbs and as I went up steep inclines the my rig would shut off and I'd slide back down the muddy rock filled hills with no power brakes. Does my jeep have a rollover or engine cutoff switch? Any other reasons why this would happen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-J

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maybe it's afraid of heights?

Is your battery bolted/tied down?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
What were the RPMs like? Was the engine stuttering and sputtering before it died or was it stalling out because of low RPM?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engine didn't sputter at all it just stops but it doesn't feel like I'm stalling it out with the clutch. I'm not sure waht RPM range I was at but I can go out again tonight and pay better attention. Also, I had to roll back down to completely level before it would start up again. I had more than 3/4 tank of gas so I don't believe this was an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts