Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 Sahara with the np231 transfer case. It has a 4" lift, 1 1/2" shackle, and a 3" body lift. My problem is, I am leaking fluid out of the center of the yoke behind the transfer case. I have replaced the rear oil seal and even put in a brand new yoke and it is leaking through the vent hole in the middle of the yoke and soaking the u joint. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
189 Posts
mine was doing that I put a dab of RVT over the hole and it never leaked again, I dont even know why that hole is there, the t case iself has a big vent tube on top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I actually just plugged that hole this morning and now it is starting to leak around the oil seal where the yoke slides into the t case. I just replaced that seal so it shouldn't be leakin from there.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
if its leaking out of the yoke the t-case must be overfilled with fliud. Was it recently serviced with a fluid change?

·
Registered
76 Posts
leakey slip yoke

if its leaking out of the yoke the t-case must be overfilled with fliud. Was it recently serviced with a fluid change?
what he said, that's my vote

I had so much vibration from my set up, (4" lift) I had too enstall the sye kit. That will fix that problem .
With all the lift you have ,you will have to do that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts