Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 jeep Jkur I bought new with 10k miles on her and it's never been in a wreck.

I installed a 3" basic teraflex lift, teraflex monster trackbar, metal cloak control arms, and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, two weeks ago. I had it aligned twice and both times the shop said every is looks good. Toes and camber is within spec. Caster had a 4.1* angle with the lowers set to 23 1/16". It drives around town just fine at speeds less the 50. However, after 50+ mph, I get sloppy scary steering and a heavy left Pull. Which sucks do to me being disabled.

I know the when I length the control arms a couple turns, equal lengths, the steering gets better. But then I get drive line vibes after 23 7/8". Not sure the caster angle, due to loosing angle finder on the hwy. A New one is on the way in mail.

Any how, the left Pull get worse. This is what I am mostly concern with. I have had the tires crossed rotated twice. And road forced balanced. I am about to swap the tires out to MTR's, hopping it fixes the pull.

Flip kit should fix the wondering I hope. It's just that dreaded left Pull, oh, and when I hit the breaks I get a left Pull. Ball joint should all be good, same with tierod ends.

I have disconnect the battery to reset the computer and the steering wheel is dead straight. Rear track bar is off center 1/4" using the relocation bracket.

Will the teraflex track bar work with the senergy flip kit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely stock...

I was just thinking, I might have a binded stock bushing in the upper front control arms, but I don't think so.

I know I am loosing sleep over this left pull. An the wife is going to kick me out if I keep dumping cash into it. To fix something I messed up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teraflex 3" gave me 4" of lift.

Yes, I also used there rear trackbar mount. Using the top hole of the bracket was best to center the rear axle. Like I said it's still off from center to the left, 1/4".

Kjeeper 10. I noticed in one of your post you where using the tera front track bar and the snergy flip. Does this combo work?
Thanks for all your help.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Teraflex 3" gave me 4" of lift. Yes, I also used there rear trackbar mount. Using the top hole of the bracket was best to center the rear axle. Like I said it's still off from center to the left, 1/4". Kjeeper 10. I noticed in one of your post you where using the tera front track bar and the snergy flip. Does this combo work? Thanks for all your help.
It works but the heavy bend will rub the pitman arm when flexing and full lock right. I only changed because I planned on the synergy sector shaft brace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very slight pull around town, but continus fight to keep it straight on the hwy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, just lowers. Only pulling on hard breaking. To the left. I will get casters tonight when ups gets here with my angle finder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I couldn't get a good angle on my C's. But my pinion has been mover to 1.25*. I assume would make my caster 4 3/4*?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, any other ideas?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Agreed. I'd get the actual readings, then adjust the right side closer to the min spec, and the left side closer to the max. Hopefully that will be enough to fix the pull.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure if you see the image. First time trying. If not I will have to post it from work. But this was before I pushed the lower control arms out two full turns.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Not sure if you see the image. First time trying. If not I will have to post it from work. But this was before I pushed the lower control arms out two full turns.
Your steering wheel is not centered. Toe should be split evenly side to side. See if that helps .

Your caster is fine there, 2 full turns would have caster pretty high. I would bring them back in but take the right arm and add 1 turn.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts