Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get front suspension parts, rear bumper, and right front door (manual) for a 4 door 17 wrangler? I’m in MD but I am willing to drive...thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
Ouch! Poor Jeep. Are you looking for stock parts? Try local Craigslist or sale groups. Also local offroad shops often keep take offs around when folks upgrade. Or a local Jeep club - you may get a new suspension for a six pack and make some friends in the process.

Are you sure the axle and frame isnt bent?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
What are your plans for the Jeep? Are you looking to make it a stock vehicle or use this as an excuse to upgrade it for wheeling?

Is that a lack of sector shaft for the steering box?

If so, I have a stock steering box with pitman arm that I took off mine when I upgraded to the PSC box bore steering box. It's got 95K on it but it's still good. It just won't turn locked 37's (and never will even new).

Looks like you also need a drag link. Rock Auto will have that if looking for a stock like unit. Mine was shot a long time ago so I don't have one of those.

Too bad you don't need a drivers side door, I have one of those too.

What shape are the control arms in? That axle is pushed back a lot. I would be concerned that it's bent too.

Rock Auto has the inner fender, supports, the outer fender. You might be able to find stock takeoffs. Check Craigslist or FB marketplace. The front bumper is an aftermarket one. You can get those anywhere. If you still have the factory rear, CL or FB or even the classifieds here are your best bets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the information. Since i am new at this I am thinking on lifting it maybe 2in kit and put the stock parts first...
In the future I want to be able to go off road...and do a decent lift kit

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Honestly, now is the time to do the lift.

If you shop carefully, you can find the Mopar 2" lift at a decent price. That will get you new springs, shocks, drive shaft, sway bar links. You will already have it apart, it's no more work to do it now (and not much more money). Here is the Mopar kit at $1260, which is not a bad deal.
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-2012-18-jeep-wrangler-jk-four-door-two-inch-lift-kit-77070088ad?origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhdTqBRDNARIsABsOl99NmhbR1XVy8UtBt1lcKnWQgfkPgMvmRiFu5yX_gqD9laHleHrcahsaAuZIEALw_wcB

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Are you going through insurance?
Sometimes you can get the quote money and buy upgraded parts and let the shop to the work.
I recently had a claim and the adjuster was happy to let me shop for parts ---- I got better parts and they saved money. It was win/win. He called and thanked me later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts