Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a wrangler (99 sahara 4.0 5spd) and its already lifted. I need to buy replacement shocks that are compatible with the lift. a buddy of mine says it seems to be a 4 inch, so i looked on the skyjacker site but none of the kits seem to match my shocks. If anybody knows what will fit here... please guide me. The rear read (n8088s) and the front (n8056s) from what i can find....they belong on a yj i think. Here are pictures of my baby. Tires are bf goodrich a/t 33x12.50

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Measure the height of your springs and any spacer that may be on top of them. Stock springs at ride height are about 12" in front and 8" in the rear. Any height beyond that is suspension lift height.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
slightly closer shot may be useful.

you can measure your springs to find out lift height, stock your fronts were 12" long and rears were 8" long at ride height. any longer is your spring lift. there may also be coil spacers.

you can buy shocks by lift height, but i would measure maximum extended and collapsed length to get the shocks that fit your rig the best. to do that you'll have to pull the coils and cycle the suspension.

also, you may want to look at other places than skyjacker

·
Registered
665 Posts
They are Skyjacker. Google is your friend. As far as the lift size. From the pic it looks like a jeep with a lift to me. Need a better pic, at least.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
for the entry level prices (~$35) , zone hydros get great reviews. mid level (~$70-$100) is bilstein, fox 2.0, and OME, then it gets fun and expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts