Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20170515_194229.jpg

This is my new JKU. I am leasing, but will probably buy; because I love that thing. It is mostly a daily driver, on the highway; but don't shy away form hills and mud puddles on trails.. It actually sits higher than any other jku that I have seen stock, and I like the look. This forum has been so kind and helpful; so I plead for some assistance. I have read tons about lifts/tires wheels, etc, and I have a few questions.

Things to Note:

I love my rims, and are not fond of aftermarkets, unless I have to. They are 18 inch, and the tires 32.1 inches, I believe.

I can't modify the chassis, so a spacer lift seems the most feasible, if needed.

Question #1... What is the maximum size tire that I can put on my current wheel without lifting? What be the most aggressive looking?

Question #2... Are spacer lifts recommended, and if so; what size tires could it handle?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I wouldn't lift a leased vehicle. In fact, I'm 99% certain this is breaks the lease agreement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This guy is right, it will. But if you're 100% certain that you're buying out the lease, it really doesn't matter. Just make sure that's the case and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I run with a 2" spacer lift and 34" tires no problem.

Stock Im pretty sure you can run 33" tires but will need wheel spacers so you don't rub with stock wheels.

This will give you a more aggressive look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
View attachment 3638153

This is my new JKU. I am leasing, but will probably buy; because I love that thing. It is mostly a daily driver, on the highway; but don't shy away form hills and mud puddles on trails.. It actually sits higher than any other jku that I have seen stock, and I like the look. This forum has been so kind and helpful; so I plead for some assistance. I have read tons about lifts/tires wheels, etc, and I have a few questions.

Things to Note:

I love my rims, and are not fond of aftermarkets, unless I have to. They are 18 inch, and the tires 32.1 inches, I believe.

I can't modify the chassis, so a spacer lift seems the most feasible, if needed.

Question #1... What is the maximum size tire that I can put on my current wheel without lifting? What be the most aggressive looking?

Question #2... Are spacer lifts recommended, and if so; what size tires could it handle?
Look here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts