Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TJ I recently purchased. There were plenty of minor things to do, and it seems like I am at the final steps of finally finishing all the mechanical issues. My check engine light is on (has been on since i bought the car). I have been doing a lot of research and know where i am supposed to look, but i just cant find anything that seems out of the ordinary on mine. Everything seems ok, and the vaccum lines and connections all seem to be in place. I read that it might be the gas cap? It does not look like it is the original one, Looks like an aftermarket one I have seen at a local autozone. Please tell me where to look or let me know how you would troubleshoot the problem if it were your jeep. I appreciate all of the help i get. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
P1495-LEAK DETECTION PUMP SOLENOID CIRCUIT
POSSIBLE CAUSES
GOOD TRIP EQUAL TO ZERO
(K125) GENERATOR SOURCE CIRCUIT OPEN (white/dark blue)
(K106) LDP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN (white/dark green)
(K106) LDP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (white/dark green)
LEAK DETECTION PUMP
PCM

If the wiring is good then either the PCM is not sending it the proper signals or the pump in bad. The K125 needs power & the K106 needs pulsating ground but only when the pump is supposed to be active so I’m not sure how to test that without a DRBIII scan tool (dealer’s tool) to force activation for testing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P1495-LEAK DETECTION PUMP SOLENOID CIRCUIT
POSSIBLE CAUSES
GOOD TRIP EQUAL TO ZERO
(K125) GENERATOR SOURCE CIRCUIT OPEN (white/dark blue)
(K106) LDP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN (white/dark green)
(K106) LDP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (white/dark green)
LEAK DETECTION PUMP
PCM

If the wiring is good then either the PCM is not sending it the proper signals or the pump in bad. The K125 needs power & the K106 needs pulsating ground but only when the pump is supposed to be active so I’m not sure how to test that without a DRBIII scan tool (dealer’s tool) to force activation for testing.

Thank you! I will try looking for those wires tomorrow, i might get lucky and find one that is damaged or simply just not connected.

If anyone else has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,469 Posts
Make sure your gas cap is not leaking air, as most aftermarket gas caps will. A leaky gas cap can trip various leak detection CELs, as can starting or running the engine without the gas cap firmly in place.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update if anyone was interested, couldn't find anything myself. Dropped it off at my local jeep/Chrysler dealer. Hopefully will get an answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh oh! Woke up to bad news today. Dealer told me that there is a fault in the main computer of the car. And needs to be replaced along with the leak detection pump. Parts and labor 1,400.
I think I might just take the car back and change the leak detection pump myself. They are charging 150 for the part and 550 for labor just for the leak detection pump. Havnt done the research yet, but can't be too hard can it?! Was not expecting this at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts