Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just bought some rims and tires at a great price but jam concerned about the proper fit. I think I def need a lift just not sure how much of a lift. The rims are 22in by 10 with a -25 offset. and tires are 35 12.50\22 these things are huge. I only do street driving no off road. I read about other factors like braking and re gearing did I make a big mistake getting these ?? Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Hi guys. I just bought some rims and tires at a great price but jam concerned about the proper fit. I think I def need a lift just not sure how much of a lift. The rims are 22in by 10 with a -25 offset. and tires are 35 12.50\22 these things are huge. I only do street driving no off road. I read about other factors like braking and re gearing did I make a big mistake getting these ?? Any input would be great. Thanks
Not sure about that offset? You will need a 2.5" lift for sure with 35"s though. Did they come off a jeep wrangler?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
10" width, -25 offset = 4.5 backspacing. Your good.
A 2.5 lift budget boost will suffice based in your needs. If you plan on adding weight, get coils.
Bigger brakes - you can do that later

·
Registered
554 Posts
regearing depends on what jeep you have. do you have the 3.8 or the 3.6? auto ro manual?

the general rule of thumb is

3.8 auto - 4.88 or 5.13 gears
3.8 manual - 4.56 or 4.88
3.6 auto - 4.10 or 4.56
3.6 manual - 4.56

you are gonna need atleast a 2.5" lift to fit those 35s without rubbing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Leveling kit and your good, for mall crawling. Cheap and easy to do. And I'm guessing with that wheel/tire combo you were going for looks and not off-roading. Not sure your gear ratio, mileage will take a hit regardless, but if you have higher then 3.73(lower numerical) then it will be a dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts