Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have found 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4 cyl engine. Jeep has 174 000 miles and owner is asking for 5500$ probably we can get him down to 5 000.

Anyways i have two questions. Am i paying more than this cars go by?

I have checked couple of them already but rust is common problem in NJ and these jeep were in bad condition. This one is rust free. 1 owner.

second question.

Can this 4 cyl engine take more abuse or 174 000 miles is at the peak already?

Thank You for your time guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
rust free would make it much more worth it IMO - i bought a 1998 with 116k miles but minor rust that i'm repairing - for 4250 (private seller) - I would have paid 5k for something that was rust free.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Can you toss up the link for the posting so we can get a closer look? :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes. Yes, you should.....

and if well cared for, then 175k is not the end of life for that motor. But check all the underbody and suspension rubber.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ruuuun, and wait until winter -- you'll get a much better deal. I bought a 2000 4.0L 3spd auto, 2 owner, no rust, completely stock with 88k on it for $6300. You're in prime jeep season right now and prices are inflated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, If you think about it winter is also season for this jeeps. Anyways, I looked up used engine's and they go somewhere 400$ 100-120 k miles on them. Also, seems like won't be a challenge to rebuild this engines. I'm keeping my old car just taking off from the insurance. I will drive this till i kill it than i will start rebuilding slowly. I would like to lift it at least 3" inches without changing springs just for look not for off roading. and see if there is any adapters for wheels to offset them. Is there any good brands that you guys use?
thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts