Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a stock 01 wrangler sport that I am thinking about lifting,I have no idea what to get.I just want to give it a little attitude,maybe 32's.I hardly ever take it offroad and it is my daily driver so I want something fairy smooth on the pavement.I am racking my brain with this,any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do a cheap 2" BB lift, that will clear 32s easy. If you add JKS BPEs you can get away with stock shocks. I did that before I went to a 3" spring and a JKS 1.25 BBL/MML to clear 35's, then went to 255 x 85 x 16s when they died.

·
Registered
513 Posts
For a DD and not a offroader you can either do a 2'' BB or just do a 2'' lift .
For the BB you still need to drop the springs so a 2'' lift might make more sence.

·
Rather be on the mountain
1,476 Posts
I've been real happy with the 2.5" Old Man Emu heavy duty kit. It's a bit pricey but it truely does ride and handle great on the road. You would have no problem clearing 32s. The kit is pretty cut and dry although if you have a heavy front bumper, you'll need to add 3/4" spacers in the front, I learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do a 2.5" lift do you think it will throw my driveshaft angle off too much and cause vibration,once again, I am new to this and I just do not know so I am just asking. Thanks for everyones input on this,I really appreciate it.

·
Rather be on the mountain
1,476 Posts
The OME kit should come with the t-case drop kit as well as many other kits. You may get away with not installing it if your worried about ground clearance but I would recommend using it. I used it on my 98 TJ with 3.5" lift and never had a vibration. The only problem I had was with the shifter (5 spd.) being lower, it streched the boot and would pop out of 2nd gear. I fixed that by removing the boot.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I purchased 2 inch shock spacers for about $65 or so... and have been happy with that so far, but I now need new shock absorbers cause the other ones are old and need replaced so more money to spend...

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you are looking for mainly a daily driver I would go with a 2" BB and a 1" body lift (body lift isn't necessary for clearance but would give a better look in my opinion). My jeep had 32's with 2" BB when I bought it and it was fine. Rubbed a little with stock rims when turning so you will want to think about your tire width and wheel choice.

I since have pulled the BB and put a 3.5" RE S.F. with 33x12.50s and love the set up.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
If I do a 2.5" lift do you think it will throw my driveshaft angle off too much and cause vibration,once again, I am new to this and I just do not know so I am just asking. Thanks for everyones input on this,I really appreciate it.
If you do the 2 inch suspension lift, I recommend the 1 inch body lift along with the 1 inch motor mount lift and leave the transfer case where it is supposed to be. It is :9lame: in my opinion to raise your Jeep up and then lower the center of it. Doing this should eliminate any drive line vibes, at least it did for me plus you get some more clearance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everyones input, its just a lot of money for me and I dont want to waist it so I figured I would ask the people that have experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts