Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not relevant to the OP's issue, but I can't ever get my jeep to go into the ACC position... Is someting loose or worn that I can repair to get ACC back?

... For the occasional drive in movie. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Old Dogger was kind enough to make this into it's own post, since I had previously posted it in someone else's thread where key issues were being discussed.

I can't seem to ever get my key to turn counter clockwise to the ACC position. It goes clockwise to unlocked, on, and start just fine.

Please advise.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Did you try pushing the whole key and ears/cap thing in towards the column while turning it to the rear, or pushing down on the key lever. (Depending on year)?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Or possibly binding of the rod or electrical switch (on top of column toward the firewall).

Reactions: Luckymac

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
I tried to turn my key to the ACC position today while I was sitting in a parking garage listening to my radio awaiting my time to go in for an appointment.
It took a bit of fooling around, but I got it to ACC and was able to listen to my radio without gassing myself with the engine running in a garage.
Fiddling with the lever didn't seem to help. It never went fully into ACC position, so I guess there's another thing that needs fix.....someday.

I'll start with Tophogs suggestion....someday.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I tried to turn my key to the ACC position today while I was sitting in a parking garage listening to my radio awaiting my time to go in for an appointment.
It took a bit of fooling around, but I got it to ACC and was able to listen to my radio without gassing myself with the engine running in a garage.
Fiddling with the lever didn't seem to help. It never went fully into ACC position, so I guess there's another thing that needs fix.....someday.

I'll start with Tophogs suggestion....someday.

Good Luck, L.M.
Try some lube spray in the lock as well. I use dry lube used on guns, but there's no electrical going through there anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does leaving the key on "On" when the engine isn't running cause damage to YJ's?

I know that it isn't usually an issue with modern distributor configurations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts