Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the AEV dual sport xt 2.5 with the geomtry correction control arm brackets lift installed for about 6 months. This is my dd driver and I really love how this kit handle on the road. The thing is I have been doing a lot more off roading at Rausch Creek and a few other places and my lower control arms and the geomtry brackets are taking a beating. I have been thinking about removing the brackets and installing Rock Krawler or Teraflex arms for more clearance. My real concern is if I do this am I going to lose my on road handling? And if I do who makes the heaviest and the most clearance control arms? If I do I am going to replace all 8 of them. Thanks for the help Charlie

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
a lot of companies make high quality heavy duty high clearance adjustable control arms. you kind of can't go wrong with the top guys.

Rock Krawler

Teraflex

Currie

Rokmen

Youre ride on road should not be any different assuming you got the same amount of caster or more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lot of companies make high quality heavy duty high clearance adjustable control arms. you kind of can't go wrong with the top guys.

Rock Krawler

Teraflex

Currie

Rokmen

Youre ride on road should not be any different assuming you got the same amount of caster or more.

Thanks Pluke I am kind of leaning towards the Rock Krawlers seem very impressive. Also I am going to eventually going to be installing the EVO bolt on coil overs will the Rock Krawlers work ok with it?

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
it has been advised and recommended that you should go with something that has a double johnny joints on both ends of your arms. that should maximize the potential of your suspension when putting it to the test.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has been advised and recommended that you should go with something that has a double johnny joints on both ends of your arms. that should maximize the potential of your suspension when putting it to the test.
Ok so I should go with EVOs control arms or is there others I should be looking at? I really liked the looks of the Rock Krawlers the way they are bent up for extra clearance. But I want to be setting this up for the coil overs. Is there others that use the johnny joints?

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
in my opinion, i'd go long arms all day long with coilovers.

ESPECIALLY, on a two door.

just me though.

there are professional guys who will tell you that you will gain the most flex out of a coilover suspension by running something (as i mentioned) with a double johnny joint on both ends. and i don't think evo's are.

Look into Rokmen and Currie Adjustable control arms. they both use johnny joints on both ends.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
i wouldn't buy evos control arms. i would buy their coilovers though ;).

a lot of control arms if not all, will have the curve in them for extra clearance. that clearance i believe is just so your turning tires down hit them. they have a slight increase in elevation/rock clearance i guess.

i dont think i know of anyone else who used jj on both ends. i know my teraflex arms dont. but i still love them and i flex the shit out of them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heres a teaser of just front coilovers with stock everything else. (rear end and control arms all stock)

add some extra springs and travel in the rear a long with some double jj on all your arms and you'll be able to float a drink the cupholder without spilling it
Wow!!! That's impressive thats what I want. How does it handle on road? This is my dd driver and I dont want to lose to much of my on road handling.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
pluke the 2 said:
heres a teaser of just front coilovers with stock everything else. (rear end and control arms all stock)

add some extra springs and travel in the rear a long with some double jj on all your arms and you'll be able to float a drink the cupholder without spilling it
Haha your back tire is already off the ground. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
pluke the 2 said:

Have any more pics :firedevil:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I put the Rubicon Express Long Arms on the missus '09 2DR. I really like the fact the lowers are huge and the uppers are a subset that connect off of them. It was a lot of work to install though. The frame mounts are not used at all. I have pics somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.

Bob K.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
lol.

i see what you guys are trying to do here... ;) just one more picture.....

bronco has a good point. the radius arm - long arm is suppose to be least binding control arm setup and design out on the market.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts