Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anybody says it, I've used the search and read every thread I can about shimmies and wobbles, and can't find my specific issue.

I have a 2015 Rubicon with a Teraflex 2.5 inch lift with Teraflex shocks and springs. originally I had 33" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 tires, and the Jeep was very smooth. The Mickeys are heavy tires, about 62 pounds a piece.

I found a good deal on a set of 35" Duratracs with 1,700 miles on them and bought them. I have shimmy about 50mph and figured it was a balance issue. I've had the tires balanced three times, one was a Road Force balance, and they all balance fine, but a few require a lot of weight.

Here's my issue:

When it's cold outside, the Jeep is as smooth as stock. On warmer days, the shimmy is present. I can't figure it out. I bout the North Ridge bolt Kit to install, but haven't yet. Any ideas why it goes away in the cold?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I don't think the bolt kit will fix anything. It's more of a preventative measure. It might help just because you'll be forced to torque everything down.

If wobble started with tire swap, start there. Swap front to back, see if things change. Or swap with a buddy.

Lift the front end and check ball joints, TRE's and trac bar.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the bolt kit will fix anything. It's more of a preventative measure. It might help just because you'll be forced to torque everything down. If wobble started with tire swap, start there. Swap front to back, see if things change. Or swap with a buddy. Lift the front end and check ball joints, TRE's and trac bar.
Thank you sir. I just can't figure out why it's only when it's cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts