Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in the car line at school (top ALL THE WAY DOWN and windows out) and could not leave, it started POURING down rain, i was stuck for about 10 minutes in a freaking monsoon..4 inches of water in my floor. I pulled the drain plugs, lifted the carpet, sopped up all i could from the seats and it STINKS REALLY BAD! i have sprayed freshner, opened windows, ran the air ANd the heat--what can i do????? Its dried out for the most part so i figured the odor would go away. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got caught in the car line at school (top ALL THE WAY DOWN and windows out) and could not leave, it started POURING down rain, i was stuck for about 10 minutes in a freaking monsoon..4 inches of water in my floor. I pulled the drain plugs, lifted the carpet, sopped up all i could from the seats and it STINKS REALLY BAD! i have sprayed freshner, opened windows, ran the air ANd the heat--what can i do????? Its dried out for the most part so i figured the odor would go away. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:banghead:
Throw baking soda all over it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have even used an industrial mal odor contoller.... i will try the baking soda.

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
You don't check weather.com radar before heading out topless? As an avid bicycle and motorcycle rider, that website gets used by me a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pull the carpet, wash it and let it dry in the sun. 1 part bleach ten parts water to kill the mold.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
After a few days it'll go away...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
1 part bleach to 10 parts water works great - but the mix has to be, well, mixed. If you don't get the bleach mixed up good you can bleach out the fabrics or carpet - no good. Even when mixed right it can fade the carpet if soaked in too long. It also stinks, like bleach...

You can use vinegar and water mixed instead, the vinegar will clean it up but you'll have it smell like vinegar for a bit.

If you really want to get it clean, pull out the carpets, wash the tub with vinegar and water, rinse the tub with water, stick the carpet up on the floor mat clips at the carwash and use the high powered soap wash and really clean it, front and back. Rinse and let it dry in the sun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't check weather.com radar before heading out topless? As an avid bicycle and motorcycle rider, that website gets used by me a lot.
YEP i DO, but it was a freak storm...its alll good. We survived and had a great time and the smell is gone :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts