Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I replaced my rear main seal and oil gasket and let it run for 10 minutes after we "fixed" everything. It ran good no leaks or anything. I went to the store today and behind me was a huge blue cloud of smoke. I got home and after 5 minutes I looked under it and saw a huge puddle of black oil. I have pictures. Can someone please help so I can get this thing fixed before this big storm!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same problem. The oil pan gasket was blown out in the rear round section under the crank. I have since replaced the rear main 3 times and the same problem has reoccurred. I used the blue rubber felpro gasket sold locally at advance each time. It was my first inclination to being the culprit. I have also been told that my oil pan could be bent in that spot, or my pcv valve could be clogged and causing too much back pressure. I have not been able to continue troubleshooting as I had to leave the jeep at home while I am away at school. However, when I try it again I am going to try a different gasket and perhaps a new oil pan. I am excited to hear if anyone else has suggestions for this problem.

Mike

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I would start with checking the gasket. I replaced my rear main also, and when I reinstalled the oilpan, the gasket came a little off from the rear of the motor. I re-attached the gasket with high temp gasket maker on both sides of the gasket and the problem was solved.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts